Thread: Sweet deal

N.Tonawanda, NY
    Hennessy Expedition A-sym Classic
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Stock or DIY

Sweet deal

How's it going? New to the forum, old to hammocks. I have had hammocks for years now, and just found your forum a while back. I started out with a generic nylon hammock and a Kelty Noah's Tarp great when there aren't any skeeters. Next I bought a Byer's Moskito Hammock , it doesn't work well. Then, this month I found a Hennesy Hammock Expedition Asym Classic on sale for $80 at a store by Seneca Lake. It even came with Snake Skins. The price was right so I snagged it without any research. I set it up once and it looks nice. How easy is pad and sleeping bag use? It appears that it might be a struggle. I was camping a couple of weeks ago with the Scouts and it was in the upper 20's. No sweat with a blue pad and a zero degree bag. Both are no problem with my old school setup as it is wide open from the top. I am pumped to try it out ASAP...........cabin fever has set in already.

Tom C.

Derry, NH
    WB Ridge Runner
    WB Cloudburst
    Lynx UQ + Mamba TQ
    I have the HH Expedition asym and a pad sleeping bag is do-able. It does take a little work at first to get in and move the pad to where you want it but once you get used to it it's good. I really like the bottom entry of the HH, real easy for putting boots on in the morning.
    For there is one GOD and one mediator between GOD and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men... 1 Timothy 2:5+6

wilmington, nc
    BB1.0 double
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Down & IX
    BB straps,whoopies
    I had a hennessy, thought it was a nice hammock. I like the thicker material that it's made with. What I didn't like was that during the summer, when it's so hot here that you can almost fry an egg on top of the tarp, if I removed my UQ, I then got bit by the skeeters! Those critters can bite right through the bottom layer!! I tried permethian (might have misspelled that word) sprayed on the bottom and that does work pretty good. I eventually sold this hammock to another scouter and he uses a pad inside it. This was a side zip Asym hennessy. I think an Expedition??