Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
That building in the very first picture...is that for use by backpackers?
Aargh... I typed a longish reply, was logged off (automatically) and now I have to retype....(so before posting now I copy the text, just in case....)

Anyway, the 'vierkants kåtan' (spelling?) is on Preben's place (http://www.nordkanot.se) and I am not sure if he rents it out or not. Loads of Dano's and trees though. I spent some nights in it but decided it was better to get back in the hammock and listen to the (young) moose running around. Heard a few nibbling about 20 meters from my hammock.

I should be back early march for a winter survival course and, with a wood stove in it I reckon it makes a nice winter palace. My hammock insulation is not up to those temps (yet)...

The pics are from around Västra Silen and Östra Silen in the Värmland area where I worked part of the summer. Pics were taken on a couple of days off.

Hard to beat bacon & eggs in the morning if you're out in the (definitely Piney) woods. But after a week or so, a change is welcomed.

An UQ and mozzienet is a must in my eyes. So is a stove since building a fire nowadays is restricted to the designated fire pits.

Some people think they can built a responsible fire, but I took some pics of firescars to prove them wrong. Half a liter (about 17 fl oz) of alcohol cooked all my meals on the Trangia with clikstand for a week.

Gear wise... all my stuff for the entire time I was there fits my Karrimor 45 ltr backpack (2746 cubic inches). Food for 9 days fitted my side pocket 12-15 liter volume (732 cu in). Having said that, once canoeing I transferred the stuff to a big blue barrel that also functioned as a dry bag, critter box and breakfast table.

Happy hanging!

Grtz Johan