New guy question

Does the Clark come with any stakes or do I need to buy them? If so, how many should I get?

Thanks, Dave

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    No, Mine did not come with any. I always carry 6 stakes with me. 4 to stake the fly, and 2 for the tabs on the head end to give you more room for your shoulders. You don't have to use them if you have some trees or bushes nearby but I always have them with me just in case

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    No, Mine did not come with any. I always carry 6 stakes with me. 4 to stake the fly, and 2 for the tabs on the head end to give you more room for your shoulders. You don't have to use them if you have some trees or bushes nearby but I always have them with me just in case
    what tabs are you talking about on head end?

4 stakes are about all you need or should I say that it's all I have used on mine.

oh this is now an edit I know which ones you are speaking of the real reason those are there are to use if you can not find a place to hang you can lay the hammock on the ground and stake it out with a small guyline to a stake or sheapards hooks, and use hikeing poles to hold the head and foot end up.
    I have set it up like that twice just to make sure I can do it incase I should ever need too. Make sure that you use some kind of footprint before you lay it out on the
    ground

I have in the past known people who use it like you do to help with the sway and to spread it out some but the main reason is for the above.
    Last edited by cavediver2; 05-08-2008 at 01:12.

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    I thought that is what the tabs were for, but it does seem to help by spreading the hammock out a little more. I hope that I don't have to use it like a tent. Most of the time I just use 4 stakes and if you use a UQ you can't pull the sides out anyway

Got it. Thanks guys.

Slept in my barn the other night in the NA(have hooks on beams now)had a sleepover for daughters 16th bday, I didnt use the fly of course and setup a ridge line to hold up the skeeter netting... but am getting quite used to the closeness and cozyness of the hammock, I don't see the need to use those tabs(YET), will have to see in the much warmer weather. I have used trees and also have made my own stakes from broken branches pounded into the ground with a rock(not quite leave no trace I guess)so unless the ground is rocky or frozen you can do that

• + New Posts