Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    DIY CimaShield TQ

Climashield Top Quilt Pattern

I got my Climashield in today and I cant wait to get sewing! However there is one problem... I don't have a pattern. Do i just sew together two pieces of ripstop both with the same width or should one be wider than the other like an under quilt? This will be my second time working with ripstop (I made my dog a tent to keep him a bit warmer in winter) and I want to start off on a good foot. I will post pics and weights when its done. I am hoping to make this a 20* quilt ( I sleep super cold) so it will not be a feather weight. I decided to go for comfort.

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    My experience was looking at Ray Jardine's page and springboarding from there. I wound up making the draft guard first then the shell with the water resistant side inside, stitching around the perimeter down to the footbox where I did the presto-change-o inside to outside thing, folded the footbox inside to stitch it closed then back to have a clean finish. I used an overall length of 16" longer than my height (to account for footbox and a little on top) and the fabric was 52" wide. I used that width down to my rear end then tapered the fabric to a final width of about 30". I cut the 2 layers of climashield to fit the fabric and proceeded to stitch as described above. The draft guard was 6" wide around the perimeter of the quilt less the bit where the footbox took.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck0l3man View Post
    I got my Climashield in today and I cant wait to get sewing! However there is one problem... I don't have a pattern. Do i just sew together two pieces of ripstop both with the same width or should one be wider than the other like an under quilt?
    On all my top quilts, I've just used the same size for the top and the bottom pieces of nylon. Only on under quilts have I ever needed to make one side larger than the other side.

• + New Posts