DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1ecoyote View Post
    Working with a Scout outing we would be like a exhibit. Kids would come in and see our rigs and incorporate ideas into their rigs. There is a big interest in low to no impact and hyperlighting so I am sure they would get a charge out of it.

Also, Last year we were able to lock down Horns Hill for the Spring Camp-o-Ree and we had a number of outside organizations come and set up all over the hill. I helped with the hammock exhibit. We just set up 5 types of hammocks and let the kids look, but there was tremendous interest. Parks and Rec. are very keen to get more usage of the city parks.
    I love Horns Hill Park!! It's beautiful. It's closed for the season right now, we we're going up to take pictures last weekend and couldn't get in. Used to be a heck of a gathering spot back in its day for churches and all sorts of groups. I just wish Newark City would control the elicit male behavior that goes on there....another spot though, once they see traffic, they don't recognize, they will leave. I don't know that they'd allow a "not so known" Ohio Hammock Forum Group Hang...let alone making this an annual group hang.

I'm not so sure about the involvement and commitment of something to this degree...I don't want to scare our members off. It's like long hikes in to a place, I'm trying to K.I.S.S., but we need others to chime in too. If it's not an overall problem, than fine.

Were you able to check out Dillon today?

Hammock
    hennessy scout
    this sounds like a blast! i am coming from cincinnati and i think theres a few more of use. center of ohio sounds good to make it an equal travel distance for everybody but also i dont really mind the idea of brookville indiana.
    im very intrested and cant wait to see this come together

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I spoke with a very nice lady at the store at Dillon. they have a group area easily able to accommodate some 30+ hangers at $4 a head 16 yrs and over and $1 15 yrs and under. I didn;t go back to look cause I had to meet the wife unit. it is off the map in an area they appear to be renovating. It is a primitive area and there may or may not be water near where we will be parking. She seemed very interested in what we are doing and talked about bringing her boy(s) out to see us.
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    It sounds like you guys are going to have a good tradition going. We are going to have a winter hang in February at my camp in the Allegheny National forest which is western PA. If any of you want to attend and get a warm up for your hang, your more then welcome, the more, the merrier i guess. Medicjim( CantWait) held this last year at the down by the Elk herd in Elk county PA, It was a great time . PM me if your interested and I will be sure to send ya the details when Jim can finalize the date.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I spoke with a very nice lady at the store at Dillon. they have a group area easily able to accommodate some 30+ hangers at $4 a head 16 yrs and over and $1 15 yrs and under. I didn;t go back to look cause I had to meet the wife unit. it is off the map in an area they appear to be renovating. It is a primitive area and there may or may not be water near where we will be parking. She seemed very interested in what we are doing and talked about bringing her boy(s) out to see us.
    Interesting, yet very strange way to charge for a group site. Wow, they could make a killing in 2 nights. I've never heard of a camp ground charging like that. How are they able to keep track of the charges? Some may want to stop in for a day visit, but not stay the night. Is there a check in post you have to pass through or something? We still need more information on the park such as water and latrines, and we'll see what HamMike reports back after his weekend scout trip.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    I don't really know the Dillon Dam area very well but they have a really nice shooting range there called Woodbury, it might make for a fun Sat. afternoon diversion.

David

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There is a typical guard-shack at the entrance to the camping area. according to the map, there should be latrines at the trailhead, and water. Like I said, I was a bit pressed for time so elected not to go back to the area. I would have had to go around a barricade and stuff. As work progresses, I'm sure I'll have more opportunities to go back. I'll even drive
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    I don't really know the Dillon Dam area very well but they have a really nice shooting range there called Woodbury, it might make for a fun Sat. afternoon diversion.

David
    I used to shoot there many, many years ago. It had been closed for a while and then I just forgot about it. Nice to hear they're open again.
    Last edited by DivaB; 12-03-2011 at 15:44. Reason: I looked at the Sportsman Range and it looks like it was rebuilt in 2009. Woodbury Range is in Warsaw, at the Woodbury SP

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    There is a typical guard-shack at the entrance to the camping area. according to the map, there should be latrines at the trailhead, and water. Like I said, I was a bit pressed for time so elected not to go back to the area. I would have had to go around a barricade and stuff. As work progresses, I'm sure I'll have more opportunities to go back. I'll even drive
    Thank you, thank you for checking with them.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    It looks like Caeser Creek is a no go. All of the group sites look to be geared towards tenters with no trees. Anyways here is a look at the Hopewell Daylodge group site.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast