Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images

ultra light- Review

I bought a travel hammock ultra-light last year and took it on a week long trip. Best sleep on a hiking trip to date. The hammock is light and packs up small.

Only issue I have with it is the stock hooks and rope system to hang it. By using the ropes, while it makes it easy, you do need to find smaller diameter trees and the have to be spaced properly apart, you have maybe a +2ft play on the distance the trees need to be. Biggest problem is the ropes cut into the trees, reason I stopped using them. I just use my straps and tie a knot into them and use the hooks for now.

I still carry it now since it is so light and if something happens to my diy I can switch to it. I am thinking of converting it to rings so I can just swap it out easily.

All in all I give it a thumbs up.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

I have the same hammock. Went to Wmart bought a couple of 6ft dog leashes to use as tree huggers and added a 100" structural ridgline.

Hammock
    GT Double Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Hey All,

Jon from The Travel Hammock here! Glad to hear you like the UL hammock. I hear what you're saying about the rope, it comes included with the product and can definitely be swapped out for straps of some kind. We've added webbed straps into our product mix and will be launching them at the Summer Outdoor Retailer. They won't be free unfortunately (too expensive) but can be purchased as an add-on for a fair price $14.99 (roughly). Anyway, we now have the Camp USA Nano 23 biners (polished silver) available as an accessory for $7.95 plus shipping. The lightest biner in the world!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Hammock Officer View Post
    The lightest biner in the world!
    Not quite. It is a very light and very nice biner (I use them myself), but the DMM Phantom Carabiners are 2.5 grams lighter.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GT Double Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp

hmmmm

I'll have to talk to my sales rep over there....bugga!

Hammock
    DIY 1.3 Ripstop Nylon
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 Silnylon
    Insulation
    ccfPAD WM Highlite
    it seems like these DMM biners are 2.5 grams heavier. They'er 25.5 grams while the nano 23 is 23 grams. At least I think I'm reading it right. Sorry if I'm not.
    God Bless,
    Kyle
    [email protected]

"Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
    Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
    With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
    But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle" - Casting Crowns

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dufus934 View Post
    it seems like these DMM biners are 2.5 grams heavier. They'er 25.5 grams while the nano 23 is 23 grams. At least I think I'm reading it right. Sorry if I'm not.
    The stats aren't consistent. Some sites list the weight of the Nano at 25g, and others at 28g.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    How about this one?: http://www.treklightgear.com/catalog...7&idproduct=16

22.4 grams....weenies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Hammock Officer View Post
    Hey All,

Jon from The Travel Hammock here! Glad to hear you like the UL hammock. I hear what you're saying about the rope, it comes included with the product and can definitely be swapped out for straps of some kind. We've added webbed straps into our product mix and will be launching them at the Summer Outdoor Retailer. They won't be free unfortunately (too expensive) but can be purchased as an add-on for a fair price $14.99 (roughly). Anyway, we now have the Camp USA Nano 23 biners (polished silver) available as an accessory for $7.95 plus shipping. The lightest biner in the world!
    I have been looking at the skeeterbeater. Is it the same as the ultralight with a bug net added? Is the zipper on one or both sides? By the way, I use, and like the stock rope, just added tree huggers and a ring on each side for ease of centering the hammock. Also the stuff pocket works as a great beer bottle holder when the hammock is deployed.

I also have this hammock, really hard to beat for the price, and also for the weight. I use this hammock on my day hikes to set up at my destination to use as a lounge chair and nap hammock. I find it very comfortable and it packs up extremely small, so you really don't take up any space at all. I do find the Hennessy hammock to be more comfortable though, but still, the ultralight is still WAY Better then laying on the ground!

I did untie the suspension ropes that came with it though, with all the knots in it to hook the s hooks in it. I then tied a bowline loop in one end and use that to hook the S-Hook into, and then used my Hennessy hammock webbing and tie the hammock up like a hennessy. You have many more options this way to set up between a wide variety of trees. Before with the stock system you were very limited on where you set up, and also using the ropes without webbing cut the hell out of trees, which I only used once in that fasion.

I need to tie a ridgeline onto mine also. I will start out with 100" and see how that feels.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast