This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    That is nylon webbing. I checked the MIL specs on it a while back. You can get camo polyester webbing (much less stretch and higher breaking strength) from OWF for like .91 per yard, or ~.30 per foot. It's what I use now.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor
    Insulation
    Big Agnes System
    Images
    Do you have a picture of their woodland green webbing? I am curious to see how their webbing actually looks. And do they have any rated capacities on their webbing? I read their disclaimer down at the bottom about not using it, but I understand several people here have used it with sucess. I weigh 160 lbs, so I figure that is 320 lbs force at both ends with a 30 degree sag, right?

EDIT: Did this as a edit instead of a post, didn't want to bump the thread back up. HC4U-Thanks for that. Think I will go with something rated, I figured the camo would not make a big difference over basic green webbing.
    Last edited by Knowledgeengine; 05-08-2008 at 14:35.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Check out the Trucker's Hitch thread. The tree huggers are made from the OWF webbing.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledgeengine View Post
    Do you have a picture of their woodland green webbing? I am curious to see how their webbing actually looks. And do they have any rated capacities on their webbing? I read their disclaimer down at the bottom about not using it, but I understand several people here have used it with sucess. I weigh 160 lbs, so I figure that is 320 lbs force at both ends with a 30 degree sag, right?

EDIT: Did this as a edit instead of a post, didn't want to bump the thread back up. HC4U-Thanks for that. Think I will go with something rated, I figured the camo would not make a big difference over basic green webbing.
    The woodland green OWF camo polyester webbing is some great webbing. Been using it for a good while now. Looks really sharp. Rated to 2000lbs. according to Warbonnettguy who called them and asked. They don't sew the loops for you so keep this in mind.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    The woodland green OWF camo polyester webbing is some great webbing. Been using it for a good while now. Looks really sharp. Rated to 2000lbs. according to Warbonnettguy who called them and asked. They don't sew the loops for you so keep this in mind.
    FWIW, I emailed them and they rated it at 3,200 lbf. They also said that once they run out of stock, this webbing will be replaced with a 3,500 lbf webbing since the current one went out of production.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderlein View Post
    FWIW, I emailed them and they rated it at 3,200 lbf. They also said that once they run out of stock, this webbing will be replaced with a 3,500 lbf webbing since the current one went out of production.
    Wow that's pretty strong. Just looking at mine I would never guess it was rated that high. Unless it is a different batch than when I ordered.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts