WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    What a great trip. That is a nice looking kayak you got there.
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Hopefully all of your bad luck is over with.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That was really good bruciehi5.....peaceful and serene footage from the kayak. Which by the way looks fun!
    I so love Australian wildlife.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Thank you for that lovely and restful report.

I tried watching it on my smartphone which worked pretty well. However, I'd like to know what joker folded my phone in half to get the shore and river to match up so well. Those reflections were amazing!
    -Liz -

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    bruciehi5, nice video and the inflatable looked like lots of fun. As a Yank I don't know much about down under so was there anything with big teeth in those waters to worry about
    Another nice video you've put together and looking forward to more from your neck of the world.
    Be well and better luck next time with avoiding the flu.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    What a great trip. That is a nice looking kayak you got there.
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Hopefully all of your bad luck is over with.
    Thanks for posting Veto 65! For a kayak you got, when you don’t got a kayak, it’s pretty good. Not much storage, but with a bit of organizing, I can fit 4 days of water and 8 to 10 days of food, plus all my usual hiking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That was really good bruciehi5.....peaceful and serene footage from the kayak. Which by the way looks fun!
    I so love Australian wildlife.
    Shug
    Hello Mr Shug! It was a goodish trip. Hopefully it was the worst video I’ll ever make. Oh yeah, next summer, I’d like to see you out on a river somewhere enjoying the peaceful and serene experience that a kayak can offer! Find a nice narrow river with a place you can hire a kayak or canoe (if you don’t have one). Get yourself a hat like Davy Crockett’s and you’ll be the king of the wild frontier.

The long version has a Laughing Kookaburra in it. I had an audio file sound track attached, so you could hear the sound they make, but I managed to un tick that sound track before I produced the final video and didn’t discover that the sound wasn’t working until after the 8 hour upload. So, if you haven’t heard the sound a Laughing Kookaburra makes, click on the link below for a very short sample:

Laughing Kookaburra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Zby...eature=related

Lorikeets, Corellas and a Kookaburra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7v2...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by E.A.Y. View Post
    Thank you for that lovely and restful report.

I tried watching it on my smartphone which worked pretty well. However, I'd like to know what joker folded my phone in half to get the shore and river to match up so well. Those reflections were amazing!
    For the lovely and restful report, you are welcome! It’s pretty much what I ended up aiming for when editing it all together. That’s why I left that long (maybe too long) scene of me paddling across Lake Cootharaba to the info centre. It has some important information about the trip and is supposed to draw the viewer in, slow them down to paddle speed before the reflections are seen.

Well then, it seems we have a phantom phone folder, who folds phones so you see double! lol It never occurred to me that someone would watch my video on a phone... how about that! Very technological! Thanks for posting, E.A.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    bruciehi5, nice video and the inflatable looked like lots of fun. As a Yank I don't know much about down under so was there anything with big teeth in those waters to worry about
    Another nice video you've put together and looking forward to more from your neck of the world.
    Be well and better luck next time with avoiding the flu.
    Hi there bluejeans,

My kayak is a fun toy and it’s a great cheap way to get out on the water. It’s good to be able to put it in my car, not on the roof. It’s also good to be able to store it at home, inside and out of the way. In the long video and at about the 13min:48sec mark, I show a sign on a window at the info centre that warns of bull sharks in the river. They grow 1.5 to 4 metres (5 to 13 feet), they have 25 to 27 top teeth and 25 bottom teeth, they swim in both salt and fresh water, and they are the most likely shark to be bitten by. Having said that, I think it’s fairly safe where I was. Someone was bitten about a year ago, but that was down stream near where the river meets the sea. So there probably might not be that much to worry about. If you’re interested, I found an 8 minute documentary about Bull Sharks:

Bull Shark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiqzqzcqyo
    Last edited by Bruciehi5; 11-26-2011 at 00:35. Reason: More info on Laughing Kookaburra
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Eno DN.GT UL
    Tarp
    eno profly, etowah
    Insulation
    AE Jarbrdg Rvr
    Suspension
    web-whoop-el trunk
    Great video as always Browsing here after a long day of work I always enjoy finding one of your videos. I don't post much but I've enjoyed them all. Besides the beautiful scenery, it's nice to see how much you enjoy being out there in it. Keep up the great work, and I hope you are feeling better.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Hamster View Post
    Great video as always Browsing here after a long day of work I always enjoy finding one of your videos. I don't post much but I've enjoyed them all. Besides the beautiful scenery, it's nice to see how much you enjoy being out there in it. Keep up the great work, and I hope you are feeling better.
    Well hello there Grumpy Hamster,

One of the great things about Hammock Forums is that the trip reports allow us to do “claytons hangs” – the hangs you have, when you can’t hang yourself. It’s a great thing to be able to tag along on someone else's trip and kind of get a hanging fix when you can’t, for whatever reason, do it yourself. I’m glad you have enjoyed my trip reports, Grumpy Hamster!

Thanks for reminding me that I enjoy being out there! After being sick on that last trip, and for the following three weeks, I haven’t been too keen to get back into it. You don’t post much, but I’m glad you did this time! I needed a little reminder. When I read, “see how much you enjoy being out there,” I thought, uh yeah, I do! Thanks Grumpy Hamster!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    eno DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great video! I watched the long version, and it has me wishing it was spring here already. I'm curious to know what camera you used to make the video.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJake View Post
    Great video! I watched the long version, and it has me wishing it was spring here already. I'm curious to know what camera you used to make the video.

Hi there BigJake,

Good choice, the long version is better! Yeah, it’s always a bit depressing to be heading into the winter months. I actually enjoyed last winter, because I got my set up, set up just right for the cold time of year. Mind you, when I say cold, I mean between 6 and 10C (42 and 50F) at night and 20 to 23 C (68 and 73F) during the day. Not a speck of snow in sight at thoughs temps.

Now, the camera... it’s a Kodak Zi8. I bought it because it would slip in and out of my pocket nice and easy. I think they’ve stopped selling them. Here’s a link:

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/Zi8_Pocket_Video_Camera/productID.156585800

You might also be interested in the tripod I use, because it’s nice and compact, as well as being super easy to set up and pack up. It’s the Zipshot TR406. Here’s a link:

http://www.zipshottripod.com/product.cfm#!prettyPhoto

Thanks for posting Bigjake! I hope you find the info useful!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Watched this a couple of time now mate, and I'll be watching it again. Just marvelous.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast