Hi all,

I'm not afraid to admit it. I have it bad!

I make an annual trip to the Boundary Waters in MN with some friends, and a couple of us picked up Grand Trunk travel hammocks at Cabelas on the way up I-35. I'd never taken an afternoon nap in the BWCA, and I'd never slept so good either! We both decided that we'd leave the tents home on the next trip.

I ended up here months ago because HF gets referrals whenever someone mentions hammocks at bwca.com. I like to research decisions like this, so I've watched all of Shug's and Grizz's videos. I quickly learned that I'll need some insulation under me and that I could better than the stock GT suspension.

This whole Black Friday thing got a little out of control, but I can say that I'm almost done completing my setup. I have a 20* Incubator and some whoopie slings coming from Hammock Gear and a Superfly coming from Warbonnetguy. Should I tell the wife or let her find out when the packages arrive??? Now, what to do about bugs?

Anyway, I've never gone backpacking before, but now I'm researching that too. So much to do and so little time! I hope to meet some of you in 2012 at a hang or two.

Later,
Todd aka BigJake
(it's a John Wayne thing)