Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

A continuous ridgeline

Ive just got the Clark NX 250 and the Vertex rain fly, im thinking of running a continuous ridgeline rather than staying with the stock cord that Clark supplied to be tied to each end.

The reason for this is so that i will have places to hang my gear undercover.

Has anyone else done this, for what reasons and what type of cord do you recommend?

thanks
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Congrats on yr Clark!

You might know this, or might not... There are a couple of types of ridgeline... "Structural" and "Non-structural" and you can hang gear from either.

As for the ins and outs of doing either of these with your Clark, you will have to wait for the experts to arrive... and they will!
    Have fun!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Congrats on the Clark NX-250. I love mine, but can not help with your question, because I have not changed mine yet. I will keep my eye on this thread so I can find out the answer for a later change on mine.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Have not changed the ridgeline over on my NX-200 tarp yet, it has been relagated to the gear closet!!!! On my other tarp I use Zing-It for a continuous ridgeline and use prussik loops to adjust the tarp over my hammock, which are attached to the tarp by soft shackles.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    BPWD 9x9 RECT
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images
    On my other tarp I use Zing-It for a continuous ridgeline and use prussik loops to adjust the tarp over my hammock, which are attached to the tarp by soft shackles.
    I do the same thing on my BMBH tarp setup, except I use paracord instead of zing-it. I actually stole the prussik's off my hennessy and put them on the paracord . I'm thinking of upgrading to a thinner, less stretchy ridgeline someday, just haven't gotten around to it

-Sap
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. -- O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law

All of my tarps including my Clark tarps are suspended using continuous ridge lines. I use standard para chord with prussics to the tarp. Yes para chord stretches a little but that takes the stress off my tarps. If you tie a bowline on one end and a truckers hitch on the other you can get it pretty tight. This also allows you to pull on each end and slide/ adjust them higher or lower as necessary. The prussics allow you to adjust the tarp centered over your hammock.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I use Zing-It and do it the Dutch Way.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerock View Post
    Congrats on yr Clark!

You might know this, or might not... There are a couple of types of ridgeline... "Structural" and "Non-structural" and you can hang gear from either.

As for the ins and outs of doing either of these with your Clark, you will have to wait for the experts to arrive... and they will!
    Have fun!
    i know nothing lol so thanks for the lesson, keep it coming and much appreciated
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Have not changed the ridgeline over on my NX-200 tarp yet, it has been relagated to the gear closet!!!! On my other tarp I use Zing-It for a continuous ridgeline and use prussik loops to adjust the tarp over my hammock, which are attached to the tarp by soft shackles.
    ive done the same, it came up well, 5mm cord, and attached the vertex to it with 2mm cord in a prusik loop, allows to pull tight. Ive also added some clips to the ridgeline and can hang my pack and bow and clothing to dry, plenty of stuff, because its seperate it doesnt interfere with my hammock suspension at all, so im happy with it atm, ive put pics up in my other thread on here, feel free to take a look, thanks again

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Camper1 : Jakerock was referring to

ridgelines for the HAMMOCK - the CJH does not need a structural ridgeline to help set it's proper sag angle. But many of us owners have installed NON-STRUCTURAL hammock ridgelines between the loops located at the head and foot ends. Hang lights, organizers from them or use the line to keep the net/weathershield off your face if you partially un-zip it.

As for continuous ridgelines for your CJH tarp, they will work very well. As IDCakes has pointed out, the Dutch system works very well. It allows you to string the ridgeline and adjust the tarp fore and aft to best cover your hammock. And it does offer another dry lication to hang clothing.

Jim

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast