Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    Currently I'm using the paracord as well for my tarp, and I do agree it's stretchy but it works for the time being. I'll spring for some amsteel when I eventually get around to making some whoopie slings. I have an HH and I didn't care for how close the tarp was to the hammock when set up according to the instructions. It made me a wee bit claustrophobic when I had attached to the hammock suspension. Also I noticed it would slip when tension was placed on it. I don't know any of the fancy knots but I simply tied loops at various distances on the paracord which allows me to adjust the tarp so it's properly positioned over my hammock. Shug's videos are more than entertaining and will provide you with ample information on hammocks.

Sunny
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like No-Tangle line on all my tarps......http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse...ine/Detail.bok
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY DL Channel end Sewn Poly
    Tarp
    Walwrld sq,B/R.non
    Insulation
    Cman S/B alteredUQ
    Suspension
    strpwks/rope/rings
    Kind of an older thread but heres my addition.
    I looked on ebay and was able to find Black Diamond wiregate 'biners "used". I couldn't even tell they HAD been used. I ended up with four "mocha" (looks red to me) shipped for a little under $20.
    For descending rings, I'm using stainless steel solid rings from a saddle/tack store. Yes, they're horribly heavy compared to aluminum, but they're fine until I buy SMC's

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Good idea to pack tarp separate from hammock. If the wx is good it doesn't matter which you pitch first, but if its raining etc, its good to throw up the tarp first. You may want a tighter pitch than 6.5' if its really gonna storm. Porch mode is nice too as an option in mild wx. Drip lines are a good idea if you don't have any hardware between your suspension and hammock. A piece of shoe string will prolly work fine. Slap strap seem to be generally regarded as crap around here, the main reason is that the nylon stretches like crazy, and to me why settle for a "specifically" adjustable suspension system when there are better "infinitely" adjustable systems out there ?(whoopie slings, straps with elephant trunks, various Dutch solutions etc.) Hope that helps.
    Late response... I'm building Hammock Post out of Treated 6x6x12s. I've cut 2x6s that went on either side of the post.
    Lastly... I'm in the later stage of my build. I have cut 2"x6"x4' top boards. Rain has hindered painting the top boards, so I'm at a stand still till I get a couple days of fair weather.
    Following your advise, I have put in heavy duty Eye Bolts at 6'-6'6"- and at 7'. I too am tall, so I like my Tarps high.
    For Porch Mode, I cut some young Bamboo about 1" diameter and 6' long.
    Right now I'm just about recovered from a TKR of my left knee, last Summer, so backpacking isn't in my near future.
    When I finish my crude build I'll try to make pictures.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234