Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a blue ENO Doublenest. I went here: http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/a...s/show/1099697
    and got blue whoopies.

To change them out, un-knot the double rope that goes through the gathered end. Pull one loop out (the rope goes through twice). Tie the fixed end of the whoopie to the ENO rope. Pull the whoopie through the gathered end. Thread the other end of the whoopie through the fixed end and then pull tight. Do the same on the other end.

Now, you'll have an easily adjustable hammock.

If you want to add an adjustable ridgeline, get one from ArrowHead & just put the whoopies through each loop on the adjustable ridgeline. You can then set your sag.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am going to use the slap straps for now. I will wait until I have a handful of hangs under my belt before I start modding my hammock.

I like the concept of the slap straps; just clip into where you need to be. Easy, easy, easy.

I have also been looking at the Woopie slings as well as Grand Trunk Tree Slings, but we will see. Sticking with the Slap Straps for now
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    DreamHammock!
    Tarp
    DDXL/OESUltra
    Suspension
    AWS!!
    In case you haven't noticed, slapstraps = crapstraps around here...Many attest to them stretching a lot. I don't have enough experience with them to know.

I honestly haven't spent a night in my doublenest - It's my "daytime lay around" unit attached to chain from the roof trusses. I do have slapstraps, and I do use them if I'm chillaxin' somewhere and hanging...Other than that, I got a blackbird to spend the night in....But the doublenest certainly is a worthy of a camping trip and a good choice IMHO.

I did replace the carabiners with some Black Diamond ones. Took the compression strap and label off the stuff sack....Other than those things, it's "stock" and I like it...

for afternoon lounging they definitely work fine, but I'll garauntee you if you sleep overnight using them, you'll wake up a lot lower than you were when you feel asleep... this will also effect your angles and the comfort of your "lay", just a heads up in case you end up wondering what's going on when it happens. Nylon cordage stretches, that's why we use nylon hammocks, as well as being light. Polyester straps however wont.. we generically call it webbing here but it's a more straight forward approach to suspension and widely used on here.

I think Paul over at AHE has some webbing suspensions for sale at his site

Have you watched Shugs beginning hammocker videos on youtube? If not you should, got me a good hammock education watching that online class

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I've only got to set my doublenest up a couple of times. I used the slap straps and they're not joking about the stretch. I've also got whoopies from AHE but haven't set up with them yet.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have set up my hammock, and I like being able to clip in using carabiners; If I fed webbing through some decender rings, would I then be able to clip into the rings using my 'biners?

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Have you watched Shugs beginning hammocker videos on youtube? If not you should, got me a good hammock education watching that online class
    I have watched Shug's videos. Quite the clown.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DIY 5 oz CS Apex
    Suspension
    Straps w TiBuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post
    I have set up my hammock, and I like being able to clip in using carabiners; If I fed webbing through some decender rings, would I then be able to clip into the rings using my 'biners?
    You *could* do that but you're adding in an extra step and extra hardware. I use straps and rings with my DN and recently replaced my stock ropes with continuous amsteel loops with the rings attached to the loops The straps feed through the rings. If you don't want to replace your ropes just ditch the heavy carabiners and add a pair of rings to each end with a lark's head around the rings.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
    You *could* do that but you're adding in an extra step and extra hardware. I use straps and rings with my DN and recently replaced my stock ropes with continuous amsteel loops with the rings attached to the loops The straps feed through the rings. If you don't want to replace your ropes just ditch the heavy carabiners and add a pair of rings to each end with a lark's head around the rings.
    Smart! I never even thought of that. Thanks for that idea. I will try it out stock for a while and look into that. Much appreciated.

Hammock
    ENO double
    Suspension
    Whoopie&TreeStraps
    Images
    ENO double here, took me awhile to ditch the stock room through the channel. When i finally did and connected my whoopies through them, life was excellent. Also, if anything do as i did and first get some light weight carabiners and toss the steel ones. http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Nano-2...SA-Nano-23.htm I have the orange ones that match my orange ENO and Orange 7/64th whoopies, connecting too orange tree sraps. Carabiners attach the tree strap to the whoopies.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast