Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB & Traveler,ENO
    Insulation
    HG.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    It's a great hammock, but it's perfect after changing to whoopies & adding a ridgeline.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    What suspension would you suggest getting?

Also, how would one go about adding a ridge line to this hammock?
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    i replaced my suspension with descender rings and a continuous amsteel loop making cinch buckles ten got a strapworks 30' simple sling of 1" polyester cut that in half for the tree straps. i cut the old rope off the ends and fished the loop through the end channel. or you can go whoopie slings and tree straps you will find lots of options here, you sure to like one. the cottage vendors are all great help and make fine products. hang your own hammock and have fun.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DIY 5 oz CS Apex
    Suspension
    Straps w TiBuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    i replaced my suspension with descender rings and a continuous amsteel loop making cinch buckles ten got a strapworks 30' simple sling of 1" polyester cut that in half for the tree straps. i cut the old rope off the ends and fished the loop through the end channel. or you can go whoopie slings and tree straps you will find lots of options here, you sure to like one. the cottage vendors are all great help and make fine products. hang your own hammock and have fun.

I recently did the same thing as mattyg. I ditched the heavy ENO carabiners a long time ago in favor of descender rings and straps but only recently switched out the stock ropes for continuous amsteel loops..I like it.

I wouldn't "cut" the original rope if your going to do this. It's untied easy enough, then you can use it for something else or keep it for back up if you should ever need it.

If your interested in the warranty you might want to check that also before doing any modification.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I promise to give you all a full report after my first hang in my new toy. Should arrive in the mail Monday.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I (a friend) cut off the stock suspension and put on whoopie slings, also took the compressor strap off with a thread cutter.. just a piece of fabric w/ end channels and whoopies.. weights CONSIDERABLY less now..
    I agree with making it lighter… Take some time to use it the way it is and make your own decisions on what to cut or not cut. So far with my DN I replaced the suspension with whoopies and love it but I wouldn’t have done it without using it a dozen or so times stock out of the bag.
    Before I mod ANYthing (Jeep, RC buggy, etc…) I always use it stock so I know how/what I want to do to it.
    Does this make sense?
    I love my eno… have fun with yours…! This is NOT a cheap hobby! You will eventually catch the DIY bug and GEAR bug! It’s great fun to learn all the ins and outs!
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    I agree with making it lighter… Take some time to use it the way it is and make your own decisions on what to cut or not cut. So far with my DN I replaced the suspension with whoopies and love it but I wouldn’t have done it without using it a dozen or so times stock out of the bag.
    Before I mod ANYthing (Jeep, RC buggy, etc…) I always use it stock so I know how/what I want to do to it.
    Does this make sense?
    I love my eno… have fun with yours…! This is NOT a cheap hobby! You will eventually catch the DIY bug and GEAR bug! It’s great fun to learn all the ins and outs!
    This is true and always rules supreme. HYOH.. but if you're interested in tips and tricks, I get mine from a jedi-master and am kicking myself I didn't listen to them a year earlier... Also, Dejoha put up a neat little trick to rethreading your whoopie suspension back through the end channels that looks to make it a cinch, if/when you decide you don't like the current suspension.

One good advantage of whipping your suspension with whoopies (don't think there's enough rope in the original suspension) is, I just hang my UQ suspension from those putting the shock cord over the knob, don't even use the S-biner, just put a knot inthe suspension at the length I needed. talk about KISS setup.

Now once you've got those whoopies on and have your hammock hanging, you can take those excess lines in your whoopies and tie them together and you have a non-structural ridge-line to hang your light, fan, pocket organizer or bugnet from it.

Just a few other thoughts behind some of the modifications people do to their ENO's. Or Gathered ends in general.
    Last edited by Red Wing; 12-11-2011 at 11:26.

So how many pounds are you guys saving with these modifications your making to an already light hammock? Yes, I'm being a smart a##.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast