Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocs View Post
    What does everyone think about the 96 inch length of this hammock? Is that enough for a 6' person and pad?
    I have no specific experience with the ProNest, but 8' seems terribly short. I'm not sure I would want a shorter hammock than my ENO DoubleNest, but I do find that it is sized nicely.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    A friend had her new pronest this weekend and she seemed to really like it. She's 5' 6" tall and seemed to really like sleeping in it. One thing I noticed was that with the reduced size it made staying on the pad a lot easier. Something else I noticed that made me wonder was the way the beeners fit inside the nylon loops at the end. If you're using a slapstrap setup this makes sense. However if you switch out the slap strap setup to say a JRB strap system then you could eliminate the beeners all together. Either way I was impressed with it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    MacCat DLX SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It's fine if you're short, otherwise just go with the SingleNest/DoubleNest and modify the suspension for weight savings.

Hammock
    Doublenest.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    slings and toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    looks to be the same fabric, just shorter (possibly narrower than the singlenest) only 8' long. that is pretty short, if you are worried that much about weight, just get a hammock made from a lighter material. simply reducing the length and width of the hammock to save weight seems silly. i doubt it will be as comfy as a 9-10' long hammock, or however long their others are.

and what's up with the binding? they just ran a biner through the end hem, but it says that they redesigned the end to reduce weight. how does adding 2 biners where there were none before reduce weight?

It seems that the pronest is ENO's answer to the Nano 7. I haven't put the measurements back to back but I bet they are close to the same thing. The Nano 7 had the same attachment points biners through the end channel. Its a lighter set up than the typical ENO because normaly there is a hunk of heavy rope in the channel connected to a heavy steel biner instead of an aluminum wiregate number. By eliminating the rope and switching to aluminum you save some weight. I haven't seen it but I bet the pronest has biners much like the nano 7 wich had the aluminum biners roght thrpugh the channel. Not THE lightest set up but from a commercial perspective a great idea.

Hammock
    Doublenest.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    slings and toggles
    For a review of a similar hammock in the class of weight over comfort, Darek Hansen has a review and field test on the nano 7 on backpackgeartest. Should give you a good idea what your dealing with using a micro hammock. I love my Nano 7 but I accept its limitations.

Hammock
    Doublenest.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    slings and toggles
    Ok well looking at the stats the Pronest, at first glance, seems to be what feels like a frequent trend for ENO of giving you something you don't need in exchange for something you do need.

The Pronest is 8 x 4, eleven ounces, seems te be made of nylon taffeda, holds to 400lb, and reportedly packs to the size of a grapefruit.

The Nano 7 is 9x4, 6 or 7 oz, is made of ripstop, holds 300lb and packs to the size of a medium orange

The Pronest gives you an extra 100lb strength and has a slightly more durable material, both of wich you don't need, in exchange for being heavyer, bulkyer and waaay more uncomfortable.

The Nano 7 is already pushing the limits for comfort and while nice for relaxing is poor for sleeping. The Pronest should be even worse and will probably tempt the sleeper to go to ground, making it to be a daytrip only item and wouldn't it be nice if a daytrip item was small and light to fit in your daypack.....oh wait shucks.

Though this is all guessing and conjecture.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    In my opinion, you would be wiser to go with a double or a single and swap out the heavy suspension for something lighter.

Whether you go with the single or double really depends on personal preference. Usually taller people go with the double, because it offers more room. I am a shorty myself, only being 5'6", but I still went with the double because I have a tendency to roll around in my sleep, and I wanted the extra room to shift around.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    This thread is 4 years old and the OP has not been here for 2 and a half years.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    This thread is 4 years old and the OP has not been here for 2 and a half years.
    Oh snap, I didn't even see that. Thanks.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Doublenest.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    slings and toggles
    We may not beable to address the original poster (thanks dor that observation) but I found this thread inquiring about the pronest and in looking up the specs and commenting and reading others posts I had fun and feel like I learned something.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12