DIY
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil
    Insulation
    CCF or Downmat
    Suspension
    Buckles/carabiners

Have a Speer (DIY), looking at a Hennessy

Made my first hammock, a Speer DIY (supplex nylon). I like it overall, but when laying on the diagonal with my feet to the left and head to the right, there's a squeeze on my left arm which causes neck and shoulder tension. I haven't used the bug net yet, so I'm guessing that would make things slightly worse. I got to thinking how it would by nice if the hammock were made asymmetrically to better accommodate the diagonal position, and remembered that HH generally have "asym" in their names.

Would a HH or DIY clone resolve this? Would it bring other comfort issues I don't have now?

As a side note, I'm also considering a DIY bridge hammock, since I prefer to sleep on my stomach most of the time.

i was worried about that too, but when i got my HHEA and slept in it the first couple of nights, it was amazing. It was very roomy and no pressure on your body anywhere.
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Images
    I hope to be able to answer your question tonight. I am currently in the middle of the DIY HH clone. I love my speer clone, but the HH is the first hammock I looked at, and I have always wanted one. (But didn't want to shell out the $$)

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Neither my JRB bridge or my DIY bridge will allow me to sleep on my stomach. I believe you need really long spreader bars to do this comfortably. Grizz do I have that stated correctly?
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Neither my JRB bridge or my DIY bridge will allow me to sleep on my stomach. I believe you need really long spreader bars to do this comfortably. Grizz do I have that stated correctly?
    I can't sleep on my stomach in the usual way (for me), with my arms above my head. But I was out just the other night testing the temperature limits on my under-quilt, and ended up sleeping for a while flat out on my stomach. This time laying on top of my arms, and with the pillow folded over to lift my head up out of the hammock. Sounds awful but it worked.

To get arms over the head then yes, a wider spread is needed. When I did it last summer I had something like a 48" spread achieved by pulling the corners out, rather than pushing them out with a spreader bar.

Grizz