ENO singlenest; SB 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings

Talking Greetings from Big Sky Country

I have been following the Hammock Forums site for a number of months now. The vast amount of material, written & video, available is a testament to the Forums members who go so far out of their way to help & assist noobs such as myself. I have been hanging out in the Piney Woods for over four decades and have loved every minute. Starting out with military surplus gear and milk jugs for water storage, I have over the years become a gear junkie. With no choices in the beginning to almost too many choices today, the outdoor industry has continue to evolve. I thought I was quite satisfied with my tarp/bivy bag arrangement but kept my eyes on the horizon for a 'better way'. I tried a Brazilian jungle hammock about 10-12 years ago and it showed promise but I froze! It can get down into the 20's in the summer out here. I began to run across articles on hammocking about a year ago which led me to this site. I am acquiring the pieces to my new system and hope to 'fine tune' in time for Spring. In the meantime, I have the Winter to enjoy and urge everyone to consider getting out there and take advantage of a great time of year to be in the outback. If you have the right gear, it's a No Brainer!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    You've come to the right place! Hello and Welcome to the Forums from Canada!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Images
    Welcome, JC105! One of the 1st things you will need to work out- considering where you are- is how you want to insulate your backside. Lots of good choices available, so have fun!

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Welcome. I will be in your part of the country in July. Missoula is a meet-up point for our rafting trip on the Selway. Then I am staying 4 days in a house on the Clark Fork after the rafting trip. Looking forward to seeing that part of the world. As mentioned, you gotta keep the backside warm. The rest is a piece of cake.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    Great big welcome from OKC. Was just up in your neck of the woods in May and June this past spring/summer. I spent five weeks with my dad over in Florence. We even made it through Lincoln a couple of times. I'm a Montana born girl myself. Just up the road from you in Great Falls. We made it over the Divide on several of our trips though I must say only one of those times it wasn't raining. We talked about heading over to the Bob Marshall hike to the Chinese Wall. Didn't get the chance to, but maybe next time... I did get to experience some wonderful Montana nights in my hammock in my dad's back yard as well as at an Engine Academy my dad and I took part in by Cascade. Nothing like hanging by yourself for the first time when a helpful firefighter kindly reminded you of the bears . Welcome to the forum.

Sunny
    (now you got me missing Montana )
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy Welcome to ya' Feller))))))>>>>
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven