DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images

Thumbs up Overnight in the Gila Wilderness

Hey everyone,

First post, been scrounging this website for a couple weeks and built a Hennessy Clone with the help of headchange4u via email and his tutorial thread, big thanks man. In fact, thanks to everyone who posts and keep the info about hammocking fresh and insightful, best forum I've participated in by far. I'm hitting the trail with my first diy hammock, pretty stoked to be heading out, I'm a little worried about the weather as it still gets bloody cold this time of year, but precipitation isn't an issue. I'll be in the western portion of the Gila Wilderness in Southern New Mexico, if you aren't familiar with this beautiful place you need to check it out Gila National Forest - Welcome,
    never crowds, hardly a person on the trail, thank God for Aldo Leopold and this National Forest! I'm kinda going on a recon mission to scope out a few trails leading up to White Water Baldy and Mogollon Baldy both 10,000+ footers, (Planning for an extended June or September trip, July is monsoon season) should be fun. This trip should be a good gauge for me and the hammock, just testing the waters or rather jumping right in I should say, I have no doubt this will be enjoyable and I'm itching to hang for the first time in backcountry! I'll make sure to get some pics of the trip and the sites, and my hammock.

Laters

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneius View Post
    Hey everyone,

First post, been scrounging this website for a couple weeks and built a Hennessy Clone with the help of headchange4u via email and his tutorial thread, big thanks man. In fact, thanks to everyone who posts and keep the info about hammocking fresh and insightful, best forum I've participated in by far. I'm hitting the trail with my first diy hammock, pretty stoked to be heading out, I'm a little worried about the weather as it still gets bloody cold this time of year, but precipitation isn't an issue. I'll be in the western portion of the Gila Wilderness in Southern New Mexico, if you aren't familiar with this beautiful place you need to check it out Gila National Forest - Welcome,
    never crowds, hardly a person on the trail, thank God for Aldo Leopold and this National Forest! I'm kinda going on a recon mission to scope out a few trails leading up to White Water Baldy and Mogollon Baldy both 10,000+ footers, (Planning for an extended June or September trip, July is monsoon season) should be fun. This trip should be a good gauge for me and the hammock, just testing the waters or rather jumping right in I should say, I have no doubt this will be enjoyable and I'm itching to hang for the first time in backcountry! I'll make sure to get some pics of the trip and the sites, and my hammock.

Laters
    It should be an exciting trip. I've never been to the Gila, but as an ex-Flagstaff resident and Mogollon(sp?) rim/San Francisco Peaks camper/hiker, I bet I've got a good guess of what it would be like. Which is to say: wonderful! I am looking forward to making a trip back to the area and doing what I never did there: hammock hanging! I'm looking forward to your pics!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is to a remarkable recon and a terrific first hang!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    welcome to HF eugeneius.
    i hope you'll be willing to share a few pictures from hanging in that place!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Oh the Gila.
    What a wonderful place!
    One of my favorites.
    I've wanted to go back and use some of those trees instead of sleeping on the ground.
    Don't see how you could have a bad trip there.
    It's absolutely gorgeous and your right, there's no one around.
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

• + New Posts