Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images

Exclamation Got MY JRB 8x8 Tarp Tent (aka. Hammock Hut) !

After waiting so long, it finally arrived today. My JRB 8x8 Tarp Tent, also know as the Hammock Hut (JRB HH as not to be confused with the Hennessy Hammock = HH).

Of course soon as it arrived in the mail it started raining and since I am planning on seam sealing it today I don't want to get it into the weather just yet. I am going to set it up in a bedroom just to try out

Pics and more details will follow soon but my initial impression is that it's awesome.

You can see some pics of a prototype here but the production model is made from the moss green sil instead of the bright green in the pics.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Hope to get to see it at the Gorge next weekend
    Chris

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Congrats! I should get mine this afternoon too I hope! It's fitting that you get the first one, and on your birthday to boot. What a birthday present (of course you bought it yourself, but who cares)!!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    You pre-ordered that from a previous thread, right? I was going to put my order in back when the pre-order was posted, forgot about it, and now I can't find the thread. I couldn't find the link on the Jacks website for the tarp tent yet.

Congrats! On both the B-day and the tarp.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by s62w23098 View Post
    You pre-ordered that from a previous thread, right? I was going to put my order in back when the pre-order was posted, forgot about it, and now I can't find the thread. I couldn't find the link on the Jacks website for the tarp tent yet.
    Pan already announced that it wouldn't be on their site until after Trail Days. The thread you are looking for is here, though.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Guess I'll have to wait until after TD to order mine. Thanks for the reference back to the link.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Pretty cool, HC. Are you and NCP bringing those babies to the RRG trip next week? I wouldn't mind checking those out.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Pretty cool, HC. Are you and NCP bringing those babies to the RRG trip next week? I wouldn't mind checking those out.
    Affirmative.

It might even make it into a video.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Affirmative.

It might even make it into a video.
    I'm planning on bringing my SWT (I've started calling it the Speer Weather Adjustable Tarp or SWAT for short). Still tying to decide if I want to haul an underquilt in there or not. The temps here at night are very moderate right now.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Well I set it up in a bedroom and took some teaser pics.It was a quick setup but it really gave me a chance to take my first look at this tarp. It's extremely well made and the construction looks top notch. I love the moss green color.

It came with stuff sack, 6 aluminum stakes, 1 pair of auto tensioning guy lines, and some guy line cord. Some specs from JRB:

Actual Measured Weight of tarp and stuff sack: 1lb 12.2oz
    Weight including stakes, autotensioners, and guy lines: 2lb 1.5oz

I can already tell that the JRBHH is going to take some practice to set up properly. It has a total of 26 tie out points on the tarp, including the ridge line tie outs and the tie outs for the beaks. It's going to require a big footprint, and it's going to take some time to get everything tensioned out just right. Hopefully the removable guy lines I am working on will help with setting up. It will be nice to quickly move the guy lines to the best tie out points.

The following picture does not come close to showing how much room is under this tarp. You have an enormous covered area. This picture, showing my SP Trek 900 and my Trangia stove sitting under the tarp, may give you an idea of the scale we are talking about, but still does not do it justice.

I will have mine at the RRG Hang out and I can not wait to try it out. I'm going to WalMart and buy a can of the spray silicone in the camping department and use that to seam seal this tarp. I would have never thought that the spray on stuff at WM works as well as it has on my SWT.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast