Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Senior Member Strung out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Hammock
    DIY insulated
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Posts
    275
    I'm interested, but my schedule may fluctuate a lot that week.

    Kinda hard to get things done when the rest of the world is on vacation.

    I'll keep an eye on this and keep you posted.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Refreshing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Hammock
    Bat Hammock (Mosquito Hammocks)
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    M.H. Ultralamina
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I expect to see a video with you on snow shoes.
    Wuw! There is seriously that much snow up there right now? I hate snowshoes unless I am in waist deep (and deeper!) snow.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Refreshing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Hammock
    Bat Hammock (Mosquito Hammocks)
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    M.H. Ultralamina
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Posts
    574
    So I just recieved the "You never listen to me!" speech from my fiance . I told her that we have to hurry back from SD because I am going camping up north but that didnt end well for me because apparantly she has told me "a bajillion times" that I am obligated to join her at her work party. Have fun Fronkey.

  4. #14
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post
    Getting down jacket and pants for Christmas.....plus I've got other winter gear that I didn't bring on the last trip. I'd be fine, but it doesn't matter...turns out I've got to photograph an engagement session on the 29th...facepalm
    That's great about the downy goodness coming your way. It stinks you can't make it, but you can try and make it to the next one.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbjerknes View Post
    Fronkey,

    I wish I could make it but I'll be at my wife's folks place. By the way, I received the down and para cloth. Just waiting on the stuff for you. I'll keep you posted. Have fun and make sure to do a video!
    Don't worry about my stuff dude. Pm me what days you are free and we'll get that underquilt made for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I expect to see a video with you on snow shoes.
    I better have them in the mail by them, because I plan on rocking those on this trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strung out View Post
    I'm interested, but my schedule may fluctuate a lot that week.

    Kinda hard to get things done when the rest of the world is on vacation.

    I'll keep an eye on this and keep you posted.
    It would be great to hang with you again if you can. Hope you have a great holiday week regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Refreshing View Post
    So I just recieved the "You never listen to me!" speech from my fiance . I told her that we have to hurry back from SD because I am going camping up north but that didnt end well for me because apparantly she has told me "a bajillion times" that I am obligated to join her at her work party. Have fun Fronkey.
    Man, chicks always get in the way.

    Fronkey

  5. #15
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    697
    won't be up there then-going to stay around St. Louis that week, but will see you at the frozen butt!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

  6. #16
    Senior Member JalapeñoBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Posts
    777
    Images
    43
    COUNT ME I.... oh wait... crap! I'm not in Montana. Have fun buddy. I can't wait for the video! I talked to Kiba the other day via FaceTime... said she needed a vacay... you should bring her along as well.



    Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    Pass the Apple Pie

  7. #17
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    won't be up there then-going to stay around St. Louis that week, but will see you at the frozen butt!
    Thanks man!
    This is part of my practice for the frozen butt hang. Looking forward to it dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastFeastCoast View Post
    COUNT ME I.... oh wait... crap! I'm not in Montana. Have fun buddy. I can't wait for the video! I talked to Kiba the other day via FaceTime... said she needed a vacay... you should bring her along as well.

    Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    It's going to be too cold for Kiba to come along. But, she'll be all ready to go in Spring time.

    Fronkey

  8. #18
    Senior Member Refreshing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Hammock
    Bat Hammock (Mosquito Hammocks)
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    M.H. Ultralamina
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Posts
    574
    Hey Fronkey, I am going to the SHT this week so just call in to work sick for three days and join me. Then you get to go backpacking two weeks in a row! Yes!? It's a great plan if you don't think about the consequences.

  9. #19
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Refreshing View Post
    Hey Fronkey, I am going to the SHT this week so just call in to work sick for three days and join me. Then you get to go backpacking two weeks in a row! Yes!? It's a great plan if you don't think about the consequences.
    Cool man! Glad you're getting some trail time before the new year. What site are you planning on going to? Please let me know how the snow situation is like up there. Have fun dude!

    Fronkey

  10. #20
    Senior Member Refreshing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Hammock
    Bat Hammock (Mosquito Hammocks)
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    M.H. Ultralamina
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Cool man! Glad you're getting some trail time before the new year. What site are you planning on going to? Please let me know how the snow situation is like up there. Have fun dude!

    Fronkey
    I am going to try out some of the new section just to keep travel cost and time low. I wanted to get into an area with some big old white pines but the SHT website said that "extensive logging" is taking place . The SHT is such a big trail there should be rules about cutting trees next to the trail . I understand that lumber is important but by the time my kids start backpacking the SHT will consist of ugly barrin land .

Similar Threads

  1. Another fng from Minnesota
    By cmoor in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 08:23
  2. Hello from Minnesota
    By Wushih in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 20:30
  3. Hello from Minnesota
    By Kaycee in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 19:57
  4. hello from Minnesota
    By watertones in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 10:09
  5. New Guy from Minnesota
    By Generator67 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 12:19

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •