Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    You know I will be there, Probably stay at the camp though with Tammy at night.,
    Ya I was suposed to add you to the list and make that noted oops. Hope you can make it Frost.

Now I am on a special diet if , anyone wants to plan a group meal all yours. I will have my 9 cup ss percolator for coffee with me and coffee so if people don't want instant. also will have a grill for fire .

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Big Ol' Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, Mummy TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopish Things
    See, my mistake was committing ahead of time. I just had a bit of a disaster with my underquilt. The only one I've got capable of going below about 40F was pretty much destroyed tonight. I'm going to try and build a new one using the fill from this one. Keep me listed as tentative, but if I can't piece something together, I'll have to bow out.

If - if he stood! Enough of ifs!
    He knew a path that wanted walking
    He knew a spring that wanted drinking
    A thought that wanted further thinking.
    A love that wanted re-renewing

"A Lone Striker" Robert Frost

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    See, my mistake was committing ahead of time. I just had a bit of a disaster with my underquilt. The only one I've got capable of going below about 40F was pretty much destroyed tonight. I'm going to try and build a new one using the fill from this one. Keep me listed as tentative, but if I can't piece something together, I'll have to bow out.
    We will keep our fingers cross buddy

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Directions to my Camp and Trailhead

From west through Warren PA (rt 6) .The trailhead parking lot is located approximately one half mile north of Hearts Content Recreation Area along SR2002 (the Hearts Content Road), 15 miles southwest of Warren, PA. US 6 and Township Road T3005 meet in the middle of Warren at the Hickory Street Bridge. TR 3005 begins here, crossing the Allegheny River toward Warren General Hospital (bear left away from the hospital after you cross the bridge). Follow TR 3005 about 11 miles to its junction with a marked township road which leads to Hearts Content Recreation Area If you choose you can go on to Sheffield and follow the path below.

People coming from the east will probably want to head toward Sheffield PA, (rt 6) Off of 6 make a left on 666, maybe 100 yards down the road you will see a uni mart, turn left and go over the bridge, that road will take you all the way to the camp, and trail head.

People from the Pittburgh area will probably want to come through Marrienville PA (rt 66) (and rt 28 and rt 899), Go through Marrienville on 66 north, turn left on Blue Jay rd. ( st rt 1003) go all the way to 666 (over bridge at end of blue jay rd) Turn left on 666 after bridge and follow to st route 1001 ( Minister rd) this turn is right by minister creek campground and trail, go up the road all the way to a 4 way intersection and make a left onto hearts content rd (route 2002), this is the road that goes past my camp and to the trail head ( trailhead about 5 miles or so, my camp only a few miles down this road )

From south west through Tidioute, PA (rt 62) Stay on 62 northward until you see Lenhart Rd, make a right onto it and follow 3 miles until you turn onto pleasant drive, ( this is route 3005) continue on this road ( it will turn into Hearts content road ( rt 2002). Look for trail head on the right, or continue about 5 miles until you get to my camp. )

People from southeast should come through Ridgway pa ( rt 948) Follow 948 westward until you get to 666, turn left on 666 and head southward. Look for route 1001 ( Minister rd) this turn is right by minister creek campground and trail, go up the road all the way to a 4 way intersection and make a left onto hearts content rd (route 2002), this is the road that goes past my camp and to the trail head ( trailhead about 5 miles or so, my camp only a few miles down this road )

the coordinates for my camp are 41.678617,-79.188212
    The trailhead coordinates are 41.69916,-79.252564

This is in the vicinity of it, keep your eyes open going down this road and you will see the parking area. The best way to get directions is to put the coordinates for the trail head into google, go to google maps and click on driving directions, add your starting point and then you can print out directions to either trail head or my camp. If you want to contact me ( private message) with your personal address I can give you the best route for the way your coming from. Me and My wife will probably be up at our camp Early Friday with a fire going, there is a sign along the road that reads Camp Ricochet. We are probably staying at the camp and anyone else is welcome to stay there ( inside or outside) there is plenty of room. I will probably hike back in late Sat morning to the site Jim chooses. Jim will be back into the site Friday evening.

Feel free to contact me for more info.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Thanks for the directions Scott really a big help. Have you heard anymore from your ground dwelling friends ?

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Wait View Post
    Thanks for the directions Scott really a big help. Have you heard anymore from your ground dwelling friends ?
    I haven't heard from anyone outside this thread.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I MAY be able to make this.

I am not sure if my hammock set up will be safe to sub-zero temps though

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Zparks Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    marlin/whoopie
    I'll be there (barring any unforeseen circumstances). Looking forward to it!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Current head count as of 1-24-2012

1.Can't Wait
    2.Blisterboy
    3.TwoTents and ben
    4. Hobbit
    5. Fixedbydoc with 2 guests
    6. Frost (hoping P
    7. Myteathor and Tammy, will hang out but staying at there camp
    8. Heber
    9.ijcsov (maybe)

Well her is a head count , Now where is the chatter

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    In case anyone is subscribed to this thread and missed jims latest post. click here.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=45921

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast