"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"
- George Strait
I noticed that change in the suspension on my new UQ. I will be adding a cord lock to make both ends adjustable from inside the hammock or changing it to use triangle thingies. For a quick fix you can use a mini-biner to run the suspension over the ridgeline and pull the quilt up or wrap the shock cord around the whipping a couple times to shorten it up.
The biggest thing for me with these quilts is to make sure I get the suspension tight enough and keep the ends from being too bunched up. As stated before, get help to adjust the quilt while you are laying in the hammock. That is the fastest and easiest way to set it up and eliminate the gaps.
Congrats on the UQ. It is a nice piece and should serve you well.
"I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
Sounds strange. My te-wa quilt has a brown cordlock on both the head and foot ends along with one black cordlock on each side of the end channels. So a total of 6 cordlocks. I've thought about just getting rid of the 2 extras on the ends but I figure these are just-in-case spares.
I think Mike has since tried to simplify the adjustments. I have 1 brown cordlock on the foot side, 1 black cordlock on the foot side, and 1 black cordlock on the head side. A total of 3 cordlocks.
It appears to be deferentially cut. It's not an outrageous difference but the silver side is kinda "flat" while the black side is kinda "hilly" where the down has lofted up.
FYI: The reason it is taking me a long time to get around to trying it again is that I am at my parents house for Christmas and so I am not in optimal hammock experimentation mode
Last Friday I went outside (with my Mom, during XMas Break ) during the daytime, and worked on the UQ.
You guys were definitely right, my primary problem was that the UQ was WAY TOO LOOSE. I got it going fairly well although I'm not 100% I've dialed it in correctly.
The shoulders appeared to be pretty well snugged up. The UQ appears to be fairly well snugged up to the bottom of the hammock as well (although this might need a smidge more tightness... I've since installed that extra cordlock to make the head end adjustable too). The foot was not bad although it seems like a gap could open depending on how I had my legs positions.
1 Concern was the sides. The zipper side appeared to have a slight gap along the top of the UQ. I'm thinking that is might seal up a couple inches down where my body is and that is shouldn't be a big deal.
My mom spent most of the time in the hammock giving me her impressions of cold spots, etc. I'll have to get out there for another night to see what I really think.
This experience has made me all the more eager to get to a Hang and get some hands-on advice from some "experts"