Hi all!

Time to introduce myself. My name is Wim (aka Wex) and I'm from Holland.

The hammocking-thing is all very new to me. In fact, I don't even own a hammock yet. The last couple of months I've been busy reading about hammocks and what to buy for the first time. Maybe a bit too much; my girlfriend is going crazy. At this point she really would like me to buy something (anything) and get away from her for at least a week now. But I'm still torn between two me's.

Sensible me;
I've never slept in a hammock. Don't know if I like sleeping in a hammock. Not even sure how much I'm going to use it, because I don't go out on trips that often. So maybe I should just keep sleeping in the the tent I have, or buy a cheap-***, 'disposable without leaving me with gap in my pension-plan'-hammock.

Gadget-geek, hardware-horny-***-me;
This version of me is going to buy a Blackbird 1.1dbl. With a nice UQ (not yet made my pick) and the Superfly tarp. Yes I admit, I fell in love with Shug a little after watching his movies about the BB, with the footbox and the bugnet and the little shelve. So I'm telling myself for the last two months that I REALLY need the footbox, being 1m91 (6'3"). And I REALLY need the shelve for my glasses. And I REALLY need the bugnet because, well, I hate bugs.

So this is where I stand right now, hammocking-wise. I really look forward to reading all of your posts about what UQ to buy and what suspension to use. And I hope you don't mock me too much if I tell stories about falling out of my hammock on the first trial-sleep. (omg, this introduction is getting a bit long. I wonder how many of you are still reading this. Use the word 'Carrotcake' in your reply if you're still reading this) And if there's any plans for a hang-over in the south of Holland, Ardennes or West-Germany, I would love to hear about it. (Or read about it in one of the many threads in the appropriate section of this web-based forum)

Thanks for reading and talk to you later!
Wex