Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images

Just got my hammock

My wife bought if for me it's the Lawson BRCH Hammock .I took it out for an over niter. I used the Nite Ize figure 9's to hang it which i didn't really like so as soon as i got home i ordered the woopy sling. I have not tried it yet but the set up seems stupid easy..

So on to my night out in the woods:
    sleep was a little elusive as i woke up every couple of hours, with that being said : i usually do when i go camping even while sleeping in a tent.

my biggest problem was where my feet were there didn't seem to be any "give" . I'm guessing it was because my center of gravity was in the middle of the hammock where my butt was, it caused the hammock to become taught at my head and feet therefore making to much pressure on my heels.. im not sure if i didn't have the hammock tight enough or if it was to loose. i know it sounds weird i guess. has anyone else experienced this?

Also i have noticed in videos that people seem to sleep at an angle by this i mean: feet at one side of the hammock and your head at the opposite end being to the other side would this help and why do people sleep at this angle.

I hope i was clear..

thanks ,
    Jaxx

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY!!!
    Insulation
    No Sniv & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Not familiar with that particular hammock, but, yes, most people avoid the banana hang and get on an angle. You may also want to check the sag in the hammock - it might be a little tight if you can't get on a good angle. I can get perfectly flat with no calf pressure. Good luck, and welcome to the madness of hanging in the trees.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    My wife bought if for me it's the Lawson BRCH Hammock .I took it out for an over niter. I used the Nite Ize figure 9's to hang it which i didn't really like so as soon as i got home i ordered the woopy sling. I have not tried it yet but the set up seems stupid easy..

So on to my night out in the woods:
    sleep was a little elusive as i woke up every couple of hours, with that being said : i usually do when i go camping even while sleeping in a tent.

my biggest problem was where my feet were there didn't seem to be any "give" . I'm guessing it was because my center of gravity was in the middle of the hammock where my butt was, it caused the hammock to become taught at my head and feet therefore making to much pressure on my heels.. im not sure if i didn't have the hammock tight enough or if it was to loose. i know it sounds weird i guess. has anyone else experienced this?

Also i have noticed in videos that people seem to sleep at an angle by this i mean: feet at one side of the hammock and your head at the opposite end being to the other side would this help and why do people sleep at this angle.

I hope i was clear..

thanks ,
    Jaxx
    Hey feller.....I got one of those hammocks and have not used it for years. As it is a spreader bar hammock it lays a bit like a backyard hammock (Hatteras or Pauley's Island). Not a lot of "give" in this style. Also kinda heavy for backpacking but I am not sure of your style so it may be just fine weight-wise for you.
    The angle sleep is usually in a "Gathered end" type hammock. Tend to get a flatter lay that way but keep in mind they have no spreader bars.
    Lawson recommends a tight hang so try to tighten first I suppose.
    Good luck and carry on......
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to HF! +1 on Shug's advice.
    Terry

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    WELCOME!!! You came to the right place for answers...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    thanks to all of you for the advice . Shug , I bought my woopy sling from watching one of your videos.. keep the videos coming very comical and informative.

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    I haven't tried my woopy sling overnight yet. I must say it's a little scary.

Jaxx's youtube videos

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    MEC Scout
    Insulation
    DIY UQ.
    Suspension
    Clark Webbing
    Images

Biners

I didn't realize Night-ize made a weight bearing biner, I use the small ones for tarps and around camp. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for higher capacity ones... Cheers! (and welcome!)

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    well if you buy the large figure 9's they claim the load capacity is 136 kilograms which
    i think is roughly 300 lbs. The worked fine for me I'm 175 pds. I felt very safe hanging .

today i hooked my woopy sling up and was a little scared when i first got in my hammock.The WS looks so small but everyone swears by it . so im looking forward to using it for the night.
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    welcome to the forum Jaxx. Hope you have a great New Year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast