Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Incubator with Blackbird

I am borrowing a friend's WBBB 1.0 for a 4 day trek with my son. I have never set up a BB, and certainly not with my Incubator.

Does anyone have any advice which may be specific to the BB I should be aware of when I am using the Incubator?

Lows temps will be in the 20s and 30s, and I have a 20º Incubator.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This might help...........
    Not an Incubator but same principle.
    Have a good hang.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Mine sags a bit in the middle so you might be prepared to run a shock cord over the ridgeline as a quick fix. Otherwise don't tighten the end closures more than you have to. To tight looks good from the outside but makes gaps on the inside. Get a helper to check your setup while you're in the hammock.

David

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Set up the Incubator tight enough to raise the WBBB up without you in it (obviously). My hog body has never made the Incubator sag and so no need to support the middle over the SRL. Have you sorted out which end of your Incubator is the head end? That's been way important with my rig.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Set up the Incubator tight enough to raise the WBBB up without you in it (obviously). My hog body has never made the Incubator sag and so no need to support the middle over the SRL. Have you sorted out which end of your Incubator is the head end? That's been way important with my rig.
    +1.

The end with the knot on the shock chord should be the head.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Mine sags a bit in the middle so you might be prepared to run a shock cord over the ridgeline as a quick fix. Otherwise don't tighten the end closures more than you have to. To tight looks good from the outside but makes gaps on the inside. Get a helper to check your setup while you're in the hammock.

David
    100% truth. That's exactly the issue and where the fine tuning comes in especially on the end channels. Loosening them on the ohio hang was exactly the fix I think and I slept straight through the night like a baby

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Thanks all. I have been using the Incubator with my Skeeter Beeter for over a year. This is the first time I will have it on the WBBB. The BB is shorter by 6" than the SB, so I may have to shorten the suspension by a little. Thanks for the tips and the video. They were just what the doctor ordered.

I am off before dawn. Again, thanks for the advice.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Buffalo Skipper, to follow up to my earlier sag comment: My problem area was under the calf and mostly on the left side. My solution was to pull the left side of the foot end by the grosgain loop toward the gathered end while leaving the right side free to move on the channels and accomodate the footbox. To counter this, I did the same at the head end on the opposite (right side). Effectively this anchored the quilt on the channels pulling it into a sort of diamond shape. The two corners left free to move on the channels are the footbox and the side where your head lies. Also my quilt is probably an older design and a 0* so this may not apply to the newer designs with the shelf.

David

• + New Posts