Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Whatever you pick make sure its as long as your hammock.. think your hammock is 11' so an 8x10 wont work
    correction to my earlier post, my first was an Equinox 10X12. Good eye Slo.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Beatle, it really depends on what season your going to use your set-up. If your looking for now, then a larger winter tarp that you can close the ends. If your looking to mainly use it in warmer weather then a smaller tarp will work.

I have a Kelty Noah 9 that I use during the summer. That is being replaced now with a Tad Pole that I got for X-mas. WOW that thing packs down small, about half the size of my DIY hammock.

For winter I have used the Noahs 9, but you can't really close the ends in tight. I now use one of the Guide Gear 12x12 tarps. I have seen them for sale every once in a while in the sale forum. I have not seen them at sportsman guide or bargain outfitters since last year.

There are a lot of great tarps out there, and what ever you get, you will still end up buying or making more. Just like a Pringles chips, you can't have just 1.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    1.1 DL WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    WB Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm currently looking for a good all around tarp, I'm just getting into the hammock gig. I'm really looking at the MacCat deluxe someone mentioned, also the MamaJamba. They both look like great tarps, but being new, I don't have any dealings with either.

Oh well, I know I'll be good with either judging from the overall reviews on both throughout the forums. Now I just have to decide.
    Last edited by Beatle405; 12-28-2011 at 15:07.

Hammock
    1.1 DL WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    WB Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just saw that I missed out on a MacCat with the 2QZQ mod in the For Sale section. Good grief, people are quick to bite on this forum. I think I'll have to live on this site to catch a tarp for sale.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    one thing I feel about the MacCat delux and Mambajamba is that they're great tarps, but you can get away with a bit less for a 3 season tarp and still have plenty of space and they still don't have the desired door for winter. So in my mind its too much for 3 season (because you can get by with less weight) and not enough for winter (in some rough conditions).

But that's just the gram weenie in me they'll both be nice with tons of cooking space.

Hammock
    1.1 DL WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    WB Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm looking at these sizes because I live in Oklahoma where the weather can go from 75F and clear to 45F and torrential rains in about an hours time. I would like to go smaller, but I'm trying to cover as many weather situations as I can for my first tarp.
    I am beginning to lean more towards the Mamajamba just to stay with one company, it includes pullouts, and is a little cheaper. I do kinda prefer the grey color of the MacCat though. I'm letting my eyes do the shopping instead of the logic.

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I think a 10' ridgeline is plenty for a WBBB. I have had mine in some heavy long sustaining rain with my Granite Gear 10' x 10', without a drop of moisture. Doors would make it even better.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatle405 View Post
    I am beginning to lean more towards the Mamajamba just to stay with one company, it includes pullouts, and is a little cheaper.
    this is the tarp i have and i can tell you that you won't be disappointed with it, plus brandon stands behind his stuff 100% (as do all the vendors on here) and is great to work with if you have any questions or concerns

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    1.1 DL WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    WB Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well, I guess it may be unnecessary but to close of this thread, I decided to order the Mamajamba. I had just ordered my Hammock three days ago and with the promotion Brandon has, I was able to order it for $100 even. I'm hoping that I stay with this hammock gig and can eventually go a little smaller and lighter, but I have a tendency to go big into something and then lose interest. With the Mamajamba I have the option of getting the door kit and making it more of a winter only tarp if I get another smaller "summer tarp"

Thanks for all the recommendations and assistance guys. This site is awesome.
    (I even had Exup PM me and tell me about on tarps for sale in the forum without me asking him to. Big thumbs up to him! )

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL/ HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Depends on Weather
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have the Big Mamajamba and like it so much sometimes I just pitch it for the heck of it!
    I think you're going to be satisfied with it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12