Dangerbird
    Tarp
    ENO dry fly
    Insulation
    KAQ, sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Strap, whoppies

Need help on UQ for ENO dbl.

Getting ready to buy my first UQ for my ENO dbl. looking for some advise on which fits best any feedback welcome. Thank you

Hammock
    11ft DIY
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    i made my own. if you're handy, it's a fun project to give a go. that said, if you want to buy it may be helpful to know what other specs you want. down? synthetic? full length? partial? is weight a bigger concern? or compressablilty? what price range? i don't think you could go wrong with anything from the cottage vendors on here. I think the best price I've seen is the Jarbridge River of the KAQ's at Arrowhead Equipment it's on sale right now for $95. You can't make one yourself for much cheaper than that. hope this helps.

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    i have the kaq new river from arrowhead equipment its awesome the hammock gear incubator also fits.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    i have the kaq new river from arrowhead equipment its awesome the hammock gear incubator also fits.
    I had a KAQ new river and sold it to a friend who uses it on her ENO. She loves it.

BTW the only reason I sold it was I found I prefer down. Otherwise, KAQ is a mighty fine UQ.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

for price I dont' think you can beat that.

ENO is a pretty straight forward gathered end so you probably wont have any issues regardless of UQ as long as it's for gathered end hammocks.

I personally have an Incubator.. the Winter Incubator actually. Finally dialed it in and had my best night to date in a hammock and it was probably the coldest if not one of the coldest nights I've had my system out in.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    I have a KAQ New River and have used it into the 20's with a sock. Highly recommended! Paul at Arrowhead is good people.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Will throw another pitch for the KAQ New River........I own several and use them with great success on ENO DN's. Of course, I too have found that I like down so another shameless plug for the Incubator........
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had a Jarbridge and used it for a night. The synthentic is better for wet weather.

However, I much preferred the loft/look of a down UQ. I also found that down stuffs into a way smaller stuff sack for the warmth. I sold the Jarbridge to a friend.

I got a Yeti Winter and a Flamethrower, both of which are 3/4 length. I loved the warmth, but my toes/calves got a little too cold in the winter.

I got a full length HammockGear Winter Incubator last week (which is what I was initially leaning towards, but didn't want to spend the money).

The HG Incubator fits great on my ENO Double. Slept out last week in them. The Incubator has loops along the edges so that you can 'finetune' the fit. It also now has draft collars on the ends to cut down on the thermal transfer.

Another thought; If you get a winter UQ, you can loosen up the suspension and use it in the shoulder seasons, too. (meaning, loosen up the bungees a little to let a little heat out/draft through).

If I had to do it again, I'd get a full length down UQ to start with and save all the extra foolin' around. I'm the camper that likes comfort over weight savings. A few extra ounces to make sure that I'm warm. IMHO, save up your pennys and do it right the first time.
    Last edited by Boomer; 12-28-2011 at 23:14.

• + New Posts