Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTexasHanger View Post
    Alan I'll be glad to put your tiny car in my truck, even though I have a short bed it should fit wait , just buy the 4wheel drive package
    I might just have to do that. Of course, I could either put monster truck tires on it or just put it in my ULA Catalyst pack and hike down to camp from the main road.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    [QUOTE

Or the OHT(Ozark Highland Trail) is a great place to backpack. It starts in West Ark in FortSmith and connects to the Buffalo 168miles later.
    does the BRT run all the way ?? I know the OHT and BRT connect at Woolum Ford .. What I'm trying to confirm is if the BRT is thru all the from Woolum to Kyles landing ..??[/QUOTE]

I know they are working on it, but not sure. I believe If you contact www.Hikearkansas.com they may be able to answer your question.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    So cool to see Black Wolf is hiking into yet another hang! That is def. one giant way to do it!

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHouse View Post
    does the BRT run all the way ?? I know the OHT and BRT connect at Woolum Ford .. What I'm trying to confirm is if the BRT is thru all the from Woolum to Kyles landing ..??

I know they are working on it, but not sure. I believe If you contact www.Hikearkansas.com they may be able to answer your question.[/QUOTE]

Thanks .. I'm in the planning stage of making this hike .. I'd like to hike the OHT as a thru..Fort Smith to Woolum 165 miles .. I have the option of [1] .. hiking the OHT from Ft. Smith Lake to Ozone at Hwy 21. Make arrangements to be picked up there and ride to Ponca. Hike the Buffalo River Trail from Boxley Valley to Kyle's Landing .. or ..[2] taking a canoe from Woolum into Kyles Landing ( I'm waiting on a response from a shuttle service to see if I can do this option) .. or .. [3] Finding trails the connect the BRT in between Woolum and Kyles Landing ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest... So far
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Cheeseburgers
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm gonna do my best to be there guys, it will be my 1st group hang.
    "Think Outside the Tent"

Hammock
    DIY 6X12
    Tarp
    DIY cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles/stra
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    I know they are working on it, but not sure. I believe If you contact www.Hikearkansas.com they may be able to answer your question.
    Thanks .. I'm in the planning stage of making this hike .. I'd like to hike the OHT as a thru..Fort Smith to Woolum 165 miles .. I have the option of [1] .. hiking the OHT from Ft. Smith Lake to Ozone at Hwy 21. Make arrangements to be picked up there and ride to Ponca. Hike the Buffalo River Trail from Boxley Valley to Kyle's Landing .. or ..[2] taking a canoe from Woolum into Kyles Landing ( I'm waiting on a response from a shuttle service to see if I can do this option) .. or .. [3] Finding trails the connect the BRT in between Woolum and Kyles Landing ..[/QUOTE]

The best plan of the three is the first, as it is the only one possible. Boxley Valley is the origin of the BRT, about 10 miles upstream from Ponca. The BRT has a gap between Pruitt and Wollum of over 20 miles without connecting trails. Wollum is also downstream from Kyle's so floating Wollum to Kyle's is out. However, floating from Ponca to Kyle's is the best and most scenic (and most popular) stretch of the river. Either Buffalo Outdoor Center or Lost Valley Canoe Rentals are the 2 places in Ponca that rent on that stretch of the river. Beautiful country!

Hammock
    DIY stretchside hammock
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    0*F phoenix; Nest
    Suspension
    woopies
    Images
    Hope ya'll will have a couple of tree's left for an old okie to hang in!... I'm a newby coming from Tulsa,Ok.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    So cool to see Black Wolf is hiking into yet another hang! That is def. one giant way to do it!
    Thanks MM .. I wanted to do the OHT as a thru ,, that's not out but I'm leaning at heading north about 1/2 through at Ozone .. road hiking 20 some miles to the BRT .. 22 miles into the hang .. then bum a ride back to Ozone and complete the OHT .. now to decide what direction to start in ...

Another BIG Thanks to DrPappy for the help in planning this hike ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

I'm going to subscribe to this thread as a maybe. A BIG maybe.

I'm new to hammocking and have amassed a good collection of gear and would love the opportunity to attend a group hang. If the weather is nice I may make the trip up on my dual sport. I'm coming from Fort Smith.

The biggest thing is that I'm scheduled to become a father on March 31st, so we'll see how that plays out over the next two months and I'll go from there!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    I am in. I have been looking forward to this since last fall.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast