HH expidtion Zip mod #4
    Tarp
    WB Big Mambajamba
    Insulation
    0* bag+HHSS
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling+biner
    Quote Originally Posted by shhQuiet View Post
    Pretty expensive shipping to get that hammock to Norway... Ah well.

FWIW, I have a HH Ultralight Backpacker. I am 6', 170lb. I also use the stock fly and the supershelter. In fact, used the supershelter last week in 30F temps and it worked fine. I had no issues with the mylar noise- it was not as quiet as the plain nylon fabric, but not bad at all. I was kind of surprised how well the supershelter performed, better than I expected. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably have bought the larger 30D hex fly. The asym diamond-shaped fly is just a wee bit too small.

I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to the larger Hennessy hex fly, or get a larger fly with 'doors', although I guess Hennessy is selling this also called the "Monsoon" and "Typhoon". Has anyone tried out the HH rainflys with doors?
    No doors but have fashioned temporary "grizz beaks" out of a 3 Mil Trash bag, a mil spec syl nylon tarp, and little clips and some 550 cord twice. Works ok in a pinch. I use a BMJ from WB though, i would say go to 2qzq for tarp doors.
    Eagels may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked through jet engines!!

If you'd like, I can pick one up at MEC here in Canada and send it to you at cost via parcel post (cheapest method). I did the same kind of thing for another member in the U.K. late last year for a pair of MEC booties that would have cost $50 to ship otherwise (ended up costing about $25). Let me know and I'll check what the cost of shipping would be for the specific hammock weight + box. I think they only have the Expedition and UltraLite, both with bottom entry.
    I can't buy something without first considering whether I could just make it myself instead. How'd I get so screwed up?

Hammock
    WB BB dbl1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ\TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbin
    Images
    Thanks
    but I ordered a WWBB1.1dbl, Underquilt and some acessories yesterday from UKhammocks

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345