I don't know why I never noticed it before, but i took a look at my summer Phoenix, and noted that the baffles are sewn lengthwise, and darts are placed at the ends of the seam where these baffles end. Makes sense, since the quilt is asymmetrical, and in order to get the corners to line up properly, you have to shorten the ends.

However, in between each of the baffle seams, there is an additional stitch line running the length of the quilt. It does not appear to attach to any type of baffling, nor does it feel as if there is a rolled seam underneath this stitching. I don't plan on ripping the quilt apart to find out

The curiosity in me has risen. Is this row of stitching in place simply to help shape/ size each chamber, to reinforce the quilt, or are there panels sewn together along these lines? Would you suggest possibly seam sealing these stitch lines to prevent any down from escaping?

For the record, the quality of this quilt is top notch, and I have yet to see a single feather or piece of down escaping anywhere.

SIDE NOTE: Is hammockgear still selling 900 FP down, or are they sucked dry after the black friday sale?