Thread: I got the bug!

I got the bug!

Yes I did and I got it bad. I made my first DIY gathered end hammock out of the wm camo my little bro was able to find for me and a no so nice bag for the hammock. Next I am going to attach the bag pocket to the hammock body. And today I went to hancocks and bought five colors of Ripstop (half price) To make gear hammocks/wilderness chairs, one for me and four for the other guys that are going on a 7 day trip with me in June. Still need to find me some mule tape to replace my large straps or break down and get some Amstel. I am just a very cheap diyer. But it has been fun. After my wife gave me the sewing rundown I was off. Thanks to everyone on here that post DIY info to help newbies like me.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Yep... He's got it...

Too bad... Next thing you know, you'll be browsing the dollar store, the hardware store, walmart, garage sales, etc... Everything you find will have some hammock-purpose...

Welcome to the addiction!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Fish n1:
    Let me check a local junk store by thehouse here.........he has/had 100 ft hanks of mule tape like product, it keeps me off the ground, for a less than $10. If he still does, I will pick some up for ya. Send me a pm and we can swap mailing info.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Way to go! I remember when I bought my first camping hammock from Hennessy but realized that I wouldn't be able to get any of my family and friends into hammocks if buying one was the only way. Making hammocks is pretty simple and I enjoy finding solutions that make hammock camping affordable.

John, addiction is right. I find myself already looking for new stuff to use everything I go to the store.

Bigbamaguy, will do. Thanks

Dejoha, I am sure I will be making more for others. I already have people asking. I always try to make things instead of buy if I can. It is just more fun..

• + New Posts