Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images

LeighLo 3 season UQ

I recently purchased a full length (60') from Leigh. First things first, this is my first piece of gear with down. I have read about it and seen pictures but now I got my own. My original assessment of this UQ was man its so thin. Its predecessor was and original KAQ and that thing had some loft to it. I started questioning whether or not I got a summer quilt by mistake.

So I got to test it and I defiantly didn't get the summer quilt. Although it didn't get as cold as I hoped it would it did get down to 39*. I got a little CBS in he middle of the night. Got up to shake a tree and pull the suspension tighter and slept till morning. I woke early a bit chilled (need a good TQ) but my back was great.

Set up was done in almost complete darkness. It always sucks when you forget to put batteries in your headlamp and others slow your departure and you get to camp after dark.

Even with setup in the dark this quilt was easy to put on and simple to adjust. Even middle of the night half asleep it was a breeze.

You can see it hanging under my bridge hammock that morning.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Curious, how tall are you? The 60" is listed as Full length on her website, but I'm skeptical for someone who's 5'9". Did you need any padding for your feet?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I'm 5'8 and I use a bridge hammock so a pad was always in my plan. In a gathered hammock sleeping on the diagonal I would think your 69'' would be reduced.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedante View Post
    Curious, how tall are you? The 60" is listed as Full length on her website, but I'm skeptical for someone who's 5'9". Did you need any padding for your feet?
    I dunno... Adam at hammockgear has built me some custom quilts at 65" long. They fit just right, shoulders down to just covering my feet fully outstretched on a diagonal lay. I'm 5'8". It's the perfect size quilt, but any shorter and i'd need a pad to cover my ankles.

I love my 78" incubator when the mercury really drops for a no-fuss warmth solution. I think i'm going back to a fractional quilt for milder temps (+20*F) and am concerned with making miles.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedante View Post
    The 60" would cover from the shoulders down for someone at your height or shorter. When using something for a pillow you would have full body coverage without extra weight. Leigh also makes 66" UQ's upon request for someone around your height and up to about 6'. Your feet would be right at the edge laying straight on a 60" and using a pillow.

Leigh's unpaid tech rep better known as "Dad"

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I am totally loving my 60'' UQ. The extra inches of some of the fulls I find I don't miss. I have only used it on my Bridge hammock but the length is great. I get cold on top but my butt is toasty. Got to get my hands on one of her TQ when I get the money.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    The 60" would cover from the shoulders down for someone at your height or shorter. When using something for a pillow you would have full body coverage without extra weight. Leigh also makes 66" UQ's upon request for someone around your height and up to about 6'. Your feet would be right at the edge laying straight on a 60" and using a pillow.

Leigh's unpaid tech rep better known as "Dad"
    I went ahead and asked her to make me a 66" quilt, ordered about a week ago. So now I'm waiting semi-patiently to hear when it is on its way. I thought that I'd rather carry 2 extra oz of weight to be sure that it covered my full length, and since I roll around a lot I didn't want to have to be precise in my location to be comfy. I'll let everyone know the results when I try it out, hopefully at the end of the month.....

Hammock
    Ground!! Oh my.
    Tarp
    MacCat/Superfly
    Insulation
    LeighLo TQ
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    I too have a new 60" 20 degree UQ made by Leigh. I'm 5'7" and from my single use so far, a foot pad is needed for my ankles. (I use my nanopuff as a pillow.) That's good for me because I want to have the option of sticking my feet out in warmer weather. I might be able to eke out a few more inches of coverage by going more diagonal. It's my first UQ so I'm still working out the details.

I've been waiting and waiting for it to be cold enough to give it a real test. That's happening tonight! *excited*
    "Not all those who wander are lost."
    Appalachian Trail Thru Hike Blog

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    I too have a new 60" 20 degree UQ made by Leigh. I'm 5'7" and from my single use so far, a foot pad is needed for my ankles. (I use my nanopuff as a pillow.) That's good for me because I want to have the option of sticking my feet out in warmer weather. I might be able to eke out a few more inches of coverage by going more diagonal. It's my first UQ so I'm still working out the details.

I've been waiting and waiting for it to be cold enough to give it a real test. That's happening tonight! *excited*
    How did it go?

• + New Posts