wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    you will need a tq for sure or a sleeping bag rated for those temps or at least a couple of good wool blankets with a beanie, gloves, socks, longjohns and a hot water bottle for good measure
    edit: the jrb hudson river is rated 25f
    Last edited by kobold; 01-09-2012 at 12:11.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmacman View Post
    Hey guys I finally have some cash spare after chrissie to buy a hammock setup, I know quite a bit about them after some previous posts however I know theres some guys and gals out there that are on another level.
    For the main hammock its become a tossup between the Warbonnet blackbird double layer 1.1 or the Hennessy Explorer Ultralite. Now Im not aiming for this to be an ultralite setup, rather a comfortable and easy to use well thought out setup that i can just relax in after a long day of hiking. I am quite set on the Hennessy hex tarp in polyester rather than silnylon as it is only 120 grams more but is much cheaper and wont stretch which is important to me, I wanted the hex shape as I would appreciate the ability to still move around in rain and cook underneath whilst being in a sheltered environment.

The Hennessy is slightly more expensive however you get the tarp with it and they have a promotion at the moment where you get a free small hammock and two sets of snake skins. I like the side foot box of the warbonnet but I wont let it be a deal breaker or maker as i dont mind too much, does anyone with experience think it makes too much difference?

Im also wondering about all the customisable's such as the suspension system the tarp ridge line and so on. I know whoopie slings are meant to be the bees knees but i still cant figure out how they work, im also looking at the triglide setup from Jacks are better, http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Strap%20Set.htm for suspension. Other things im looking at include a continuos ridge line and some dutch clips to just simplify the setup.

My main concerns are comfort and just being able to walk into camp in rain pull out the tarp chuck that up then get the hammock up in snake skins whilst cooking up a brew while the tent noobs get all wet and confined to their tents.
    THANKS FOR ANY INPUT =)
    this here is what i use

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

i been hanging since may 2002 ,hennssey 2 of them,dd hamock 3 of them,my jungle hammock my favorite.i have a few other hammocks alsoneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phnix,Bur,Incu
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmacman View Post
    Thanks for the input kobold, good to see some more Aussies =)
    Im settled on the MacCat deluxe.
    one other thing i havent considered was a top quilt, i like the look of the ones on hammockgear.com, specifically the 20 degree burrow. Id like something with a nice big footbox to keep my size 12's nice and snug, but more so to keep my whole body nice and secure in the quilt so I dont wake up cold.
    Any suggestions on the quilts is appreciated =)
    You will love anthing you get from Hammock Gear. They make some awesome Quilts. I would suggest the 20* Phoenix & the 20* Burrow. I have these and stay nice and toasty at those temps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234