Page 142 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2461
    Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    0 Lynx, MMSS
    Mine is a really weird story. Studied abroad in Austria. Part of this Austria abroad program was a 10 day trip to Rome. The tour guide turns out to be a huge frisbee fan like me. He throws my frisbee, I sleep on wet grass in from of the Colosseum and my frisbee skips across the grass and under the wheel of a roman bus. Broken. Guy feels bad and when he sees me the next day gives me a frisbee with a cool logo (the Pope with a spear fighting of pagans) and the Title Papal Rage over the picture. Turns out that there is a frisbee team from Notre Dame named that (thus the frisbee). I liked the name and started using it as my gamer tag and it stuck.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    Well, I own a little burger joint in Phoenix called Rocket Burger & Subs, was 47 when I created the email account ergo: rocketguy47.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    4th century king of Ireland, and the Gaelic spelling of my family name. We're the ones who kidnapped Saint Patrick and brought him to Ireland. "Dochartaigh" also means "the destroyer". Awesome.

I used to shoot competition long range high powered rifle, I used Leupold scopes and once said that is all I would ever buy. That's all it took, I was leupy.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images
    TimberbeastWaco
    Back when computer internet came to be and Decent was the game I was tagged Timberbeast, I was told if your wife did not know were you were we went to the water and looked for a big hairy guy with a hat and a canoe, hence the name caring the canoe through the trees. My canoe gained 50lbs, hair short and gray, my belt buckle is on a opposite 45deg angle( I can see my feet again).
    "Remember with my imagination you to can hear it Live on the Hammock Forums Radio, Live from Waco,TX."
    now from our sponsor...
    Do you have hearing aids your family don't know you have, with Hammock Forums batteries you to can change your will 2x a week, with hammock forums batteries, in the family pack.

Mine is ATXknife. I'm a bladesmith.

madgrace

When I started internetting, I did one of those quizzes to find out your pirate name, and mine was madgraceflint. My friend shortened it to madgrace, so I go by that.

"mad"-- I'm a bit loony (certain people in my life think that my newest brilliant idea to get a hammock instead of a bed falls into this category), and the "grace" is infrequent and possibly accidental, but definitely ironic!

Hammock
    11-foot Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ, bag
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I was getting ready to start a thru hike of the AT, and was out on a winter overnight with my friend Ender. We'd lit a fire, eaten our dinner, and he asked me if I'd like some red wine. Nah, I said, too chilly for wine. So says he has some whiskey if I'd like a nip. A lightbulb went off in my head. I had him give me both, took out some cinnamon and nutmeg and sugar I had in my breakfast things, and made mulled wine on the fire. Note: do NOT add the whiskey while the pot is still on the fire!

We accidentally burned off some of the alcohol before managing to snuff it out and enjoy a hot warming drink.

So that's how I got my trail name. With an umlaut over the o it's a Scandinavian term for mulled wine.

Cheers,
    Glogg

Mine is part of my last name and is also how my mother addresses my father.

It's also the name my skiing buddies use for me.

Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Suspension
    SlapStrapPRO
    I am a huge fan of roses. Specificity the rugosa rose, found along the coast of Maine, and through out New England. This became my internet handle although I sell it “wrong” Ragosarose.

Rosie

• + New Posts
  • Page 142 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast