Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Five Tango was my "call sign" when I served a short stint as a backup forestry pilot flying light single engine Cessna's looking for forest fires.

Tarp
    Ole man winter
    Well, mine was made up due to the need to get away from the daily work and grind of the average day. So I need more time to do the things I love. And there you have it. 'Needleisure'.

Hammock
    SLD's 12' Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Hand-sewn 12ft-er
    Insulation
    Hand-sewn down
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Mystery=I don't know my given name...I was adopted and all of the info on my birth record was changed to say that adoptive parents are the ones that gave birth to me, in THEIR hometown, and that they signed it at the time of birth (which may also have been changed?), though the record was created and filed when I was over 2 years old. I don't know my name...so mystery it is.

O'neal= the best guess as to what my birth mother's last name was at the time of my birth...never been able to find her to confirm.

Hammock
    Hobo Hammocks (DOUBLE)
    Tarp
    Hobo Hammocks Fly
    Insulation
    None yet
    Suspension
    Nylon webbing
    SCGypsy: means "South Carolina Gypsy". I retired from work in December 2011 and moved to Palawan, Republic of the Philippines in January 2012. I maintain a home and an additional property in South Carolina to which I return annually.

Being out of the work force I have been getting board, and in October bought a hammock. I have been lurking on the forum and hanging in SC since then. I intend to hamock through out the Philippines when I go back in the spring.

I would also like try to do some of the AT if I am here during the warmer months.

Dan

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGypsy View Post
    SCGypsy: means "South Carolina Gypsy". I retired from work in December 2011 and moved to Palawan, Republic of the Philippines in January 2012. I maintain a home and an additional property in South Carolina to which I return annually.

Being out of the work force I have been getting board, and in October bought a hammock. I have been lurking on the forum and hanging in SC since then. I intend to hamock through out the Philippines when I go back in the spring.

I would also like try to do some of the AT if I am here during the warmer months.

Dan
    In the meantime, come join us at Sesquicentennial State Park in January for some cold weather camping and meet some fellow SC hangers. The Phillipines sounds REALLY nice. Hopefully you can share some pictures.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    HH Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Whenever my wife would ask how my day went, I would tell her "just f'n smurfy". It kinda stuck.

It's was my call sign for the last year and a half up until about 3 weeks ago.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Was a K-9 handler for a Search and Rescue team. Been using it for long enough that it'd be a real PIA to change it.

When the kids were home we played a LOT of paintball and lasertag. The first time we went to a lasertag event you had to have a name entered to compete in that heat. The entire group of kids that i had brought that night thought about it for about 10 seconds and Dadinator was the choice.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Changed mine to Montalaskan from Davigilante.

I was born and raised in Montana and my wife was born in Alaska. We have friends and family in Alaska that we visit yearly.

My first visit to Alaska, I fell in love. It is as much my home as Montana. Part of my soul stays there when I leave and calls me back time and again.

I even have a tattoo of an ambigram I made of the Montana and Alaska area codes (406 and 907.)

And I made euro-style stickers too.

You can have one too!
    http://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/2944-montalaska
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

• + New Posts
  • Page 151 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast