Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2461
    My name is Zombiesasquatch. I have been a fan of zombies since about 1986 or so, but with the new popularity of zombies screen names can be hard to come by. I started using Zombiesasquatch because it wasn't being used, so I co-opted it as my screen name.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Polystraps
    Hi all -

So yeah, i read back though maybe 20 pages and enjoying people's reason/rationale for their screen names. It's interesting when folks share about their lives - disclosing the things that are important to them which occasionally are related to their screen names.

I chose my screen name as it is reflects my preference for 1) simplicity; 2) humility and 3) anonymity.

I first started using a hammock (a cargo net kinda thing) with a trap over a ridge-line in the mid/late 80's when i served as a paratroop. It was light, fast, dry and kept me off the ground (when i actually had time to sleep).

After a nearly 30-year hiatus i'm looking forward to using a hammock again for my non-snow camping here in the mountains.

Oh, and i am verbose.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Dublin was my high school nickname back in the 70's...joking reference to my geographic ineptness (listed the location for a story as Dublin, ENGLAND on a lit test and none of my classmates at that "school for the gifted" ever let me forget it...and it WAS pretty funny)!

Lin is the Chinese family name I chose to replace the orphanage "family name" each of my daughters had been given before they joined our family. I wanted to preserve their Chinese given names as their permanent middle names but the orphanage "family names" were not normal Chinese family names, so we replaced those with "Lin". I've used Dublin Lin as my "screen" name for the past 20 some odd years...the Lin part to identify myself with my daughters, Lin WeiQian and Lin ChunFang.

Hammock
    WBRR,Dutch 11' -wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly, SLD WiH
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix, pads
    Suspension
    web various cinch
    Images
    Ranger 22 here. I was a park and forest ranger and forest division supervisor for over 26 years. My old radio call sign and truck number was 22.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    12' HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Sea To Summit SP1
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Well, I am Super and I run Ultramarathons and everyone calls me Kel (short for Kelly) ... pretty simple

Hammock
    DH Sparrow or DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben Fiber Palace
    Insulation
    EE, LL, + UGQ down
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ BH
    Images
    The hubster used to always accuse me of having toes like popsicles. Trouble keeping my feet warm camping, too. Got a new top quilt though, so I think I'm good, now.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Yukon Outfitters
    Insulation
    YO Kindle UC
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Mine comes from a character from Red vs. Blue, which is a comedy based on the HALO video game, I dont expect a lot of people here to know who it is it has been my name in online games and sites for years.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF, WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ WBB 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide WS
    Images
    in the 50's and 60's surfers in California would work in the forestry industry log enough to make some money so they could surf. When the money ran out they would return to the hills to cash up again. One of the jobs they did was planting saplings. They'd swing a hoe plant the sapling and repeat. When they returned to the beach they picked up the knickname hodaddy. It morphed into different meanings but I'm sticking to hodad. We're lucky if we work at what we love but we also work to feed our passions and needs. The trail is my carrot.

I have too many identities and one being very prominent in the tech and gaming community. So I swiped my hand across the keyboard and generated a password for it.

My screen name here is the one I use most everywhere else. The explanation of it is as follows: Narwhals are radical Northern Atlantic whales and unicorns of the sea; GNARwhals are clearly the gnarly version of said sea unicorns, and 138 is a reference to the Misfits song We Are 138, which is also loosely a George Lucas reference; see THX-1138, a film about a dystopian future in which people are given numbers instead of names, with the song being about how we are all brainwashed automatons. So from my screen name you may be able to gather that I am clearly a Star Wars geek, a punk rocker , a nature nerd, and just another Chillbro Baggins. Seems fitting.

• + New Posts
  • Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast