Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Brother Jeffrey. No i am not a priest, but according to bigfoot2 I am "one righteous dude" I was introduced to BF2 on the trail by my brother rip waverly as brother jeffrey and a trail name was born amongst the obsidian. That was my first hang with "random Internet people" as my lady friend puts it. Glad I got introduced to the forums. The obsidian trail is where my avatar was taken.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY g.e. 1.9
    Tarp
    Kelty 9
    Insulation
    Bag, foam or wool
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Pretty simple for me. The AT is about 10 miles from me in MD and I'be been blundering around on it for what seems like forever (early 70's). Just recently made the transition to hammock camping and am planning to have my first hang before the end of April.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest/Warbonnet travel net
    Tarp
    ProFly/ Superfly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Tubular webbing
    So yeah,
    I'm a professional tuba player and I like it a whole lot. Believe it or not there is a forum just like this, but just for tuba and euphonium players. I'm pretty active over there.

is case you are curious:
    http://forums.chisham.com/

I also have a pretty big tattoo of a tuba on my left arm and you have to be a total dork to do that.

Bill

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Who is QiWiz? Inquiring minds want to know, apparently . . .

I get asked this a lot, so as a newbie to the forum, here's the explanation.

I got the name when I learned to do acupuncture, which was about eight years ago now. See in Chinese medicine, the life force energy running through channels in the body is called Qi (pronounced chee). So I am a Qi Wiz, or QiWiz for short. It is also a play on words, as many fellow hikers have figured out. (Gee whiz!, OR did you say Cheese Wiz?) So maybe I am just a clever guy . . .

Anyway, I am a persistent gear tweaker, having modified or enhanced just about everything I use for backpacking. Most projects are just for my personal enjoyment, but it did not end there. I'm now a "hobbyist" gear maker with my own website. Who knew?

I do backpack year round, mostly in the Western Pennsylvania woodlands, though I try to get out in the Western US once or twice a year as well. I am a life member of both the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and of www.backpackinglight.com and also support www.whiteblaze.net

My 2011 AT adventures can be fully examined at www.trailjournals.com/QiWiz if you are so inclined.
    There is also an interview of yours truly at http://hikeitlikeit.com/2012/qiwiz-ul-gear-robert-kelly which is a first for me.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Mine is pretty self explanatory lol. I love anything outdoors

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Pad & Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    After being chased out of a campsite by a bear one night and watching the better part of our gear become a snack and or play toy it was an easy ongoing joke to sleep with one eye open, hence "eyes wide shut." There's really nothing worse than being awoken to five friends screaming bloody murder at the sight of a hungry and curious several hundred pound bear wandering through camp!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Baby Orca IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    So, being as imaginitive as a post, yet getting the concept of "screen name", I struggled a lot. After all, I'm perfectly fine with using my given name. But that's no fun, I know.

Anyway, ol' daddy speaks of what I'm probably best known for: the guy with a large family (and who started all over again at age 50) who drives a funky looking 15-passenger van to move everyone around in.
    ol' daddy

Hammock
    Treedscape BigPaw
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Treedscape BigHeat
    Suspension
    Straps + Whoopies
    I have 5 kids, three of whom are triplets. I've been TripletPaw on some boards, but TripPaw is what I've used more recently. It's shorter and has more of a trail feel, which I like.

First post BTW. Happy to be here. Gleaned a LOT of info already!

Thanks!

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippaw View Post
    I have 5 kids, three of whom are triplets. I've been TripletPaw on some boards, but TripPaw is what I've used more recently. It's shorter and has more of a trail feel, which I like.

First post BTW. Happy to be here. Gleaned a LOT of info already!

Thanks!
    Likin the couple of proud Dad references above! Nice. And welcome.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

I am a Bamaboy through and through. ROLL TIDE! I will probably end a lot of posts with that. Even did when Shula was coach. Lol. I have used BB2132 since high school. 21 was my dads sports number and 32 was mine. If you google bb2132 a lot of my posts over the years will pop up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 33 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast