Page 68 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    TNhunter. Self explanatory.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Insulation
    down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It's kind of a funny story actually. I went to the first Uwharrie hang, and had fun that first night. Went to bed that night, and the next morning, I was the last one to roll out of my hammock at around noon. So as I'm walking up the hill I hear "Well here comes Sleeping Beauty" and well that's what everybody called me the rest of the weekend. When I finally got around to joining the forum I was trying to think of a name and fluffythecat87 (my boyfriend) said I just had to use SleepingBeauty or it wouldn't be right. So SleepingBeauty I am.

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler,yukon & home brew
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    It's my old ham radio call sign....although I have upgraded my license class and now have W0NQ as my station call sign. Not real creative eh?

Hammock
    Henny Asym
    Tarp
    Hex-Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Adjustable Slings
    Back in college, I had blown all my extra money on a nice pair of heavy boots, and couldn't afford a pair of sneakers to play soccer in, so I'd play in my boots; hence, Steeltoe.

(For some reason, fewer people would try to steal the ball when I wore these )

TCB
    www.hammockforums.net --I get it!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym tarp
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    The DANGLER, kinda self explanatory...

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet / BMBH / WBBB 1.1SL
    Tarp
    Sargasso/Cloudburs
    Insulation
    HudsonRvr/Leighlo
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hmm, its simple really but requires a long winded explanation....

The short version...A Lazarillo or picaro character is an alienated outsider, whose ability to expose and ridicule individuals compromised with society gives him a revolutionary stance.[18] Lazarillo states that the motivation for his writing is to communicate his experiences of overcoming deception, hypocrisy and falsehood (desengaño).[19]thanks wikipaedia.

The long version, if anyone cares...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picaro

Its been my nom de online plume for years now, its even the basis of my company name.
    I think it suits me.

My Screen Name Fits My Personality

This is simple, when ever I go hiking or camping i always go off trail. I like making my own way and explore places no one else goes. So the name offtrail fits me to a tee....OT

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuban Std
    Insulation
    LeighLo 48" 30*
    Suspension
    WhoopieSlings
    Over the last few years I've been walking and hiking a lot. I started entering ultramarathons and found that I could walk them as fast as some people ran them. I did a couple 50Ks, then moved up to a couple of 50-milers. Finally, last November, I entered and completed the Javelina Jundred just outside of Phoenix. It was like planning a week-long hike to be done in only 1 day (29 hours actually). I ended up completing it under the time limit by walking the entire way! Oh, and it was actually 101.4 miles. I know it doesn't sound much longer, but after a hundred miles that extra 1.4 miles is REALLY slow! So, now that I've completed a 100-miler I use it as a screen name.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 100MileBill View Post
    Over the last few years I've been walking and hiking a lot. I started entering ultramarathons and found that I could walk them as fast as some people ran them. I did a couple 50Ks, then moved up to a couple of 50-milers. Finally, last November, I entered and completed the Javelina Jundred just outside of Phoenix. It was like planning a week-long hike to be done in only 1 day (29 hours actually). I ended up completing it under the time limit by walking the entire way! Oh, and it was actually 101.4 miles. I know it doesn't sound much longer, but after a hundred miles that extra 1.4 miles is REALLY slow! So, now that I've completed a 100-miler I use it as a screen name.
    Mad respect... I have a marathon cross country hike I'm prepping for in march...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    J is the first letter in my first name, C is the first letter in my last name and 77 is the year I was born. (my kids tell me I'm old)

• + New Posts
  • Page 68 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast