Page 71 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    eno single nest hammock
    Insulation
    0 degree bag
    Gavin means white hawk but Gavin is my real life name.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Traverson is a combination of my kids names, Travis, Trevor and Jayson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL/HenExpDlx/BMBH/Nano7
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Have to admit, not extremely creative. Last name (Waalkes)...sort of in-line with the sport though

How we got "Two Dutch"

I met my wife about 17 years ago and as we first began dating we started to realize how much the two of us were alike. Pin numbers we both the same, we both love ford mustangs and many of our hobbies were the same too. One day we were discusing nick names we had as childern and we found out that both of us had the nickname "Dutch" at one time hence "Two Dutch".

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok Tarp
    Insulation
    TR Basecamp AF LW
    Suspension
    Amok system
    I like to wander around in the southern Appalachians...hence the name

HEAD, At work everyone gets a nick name and I have a large cranium, 7 7/8 in hat size. so they call me The Head.

REBBAL: It is a mix of my first and last name, but I do things different from most and also can't spell.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So two buddies of mine and I were car camping years ago in LBL in Western Kentucky. We had an amazing, remote location on the shore of a beautiful bay. Nobody around for miles. The scenery was perfect, birds were singing, all was well in the universe. Then, these three a-holes came ripping up in a truck and set up camp about a half mile away on another peninsula. Of course they were loud and obnoxious, blasting a radio and slamming a few too many beers. We just sat there and shook our heads, hoping they would leave before nightfall. Well, didn't happen. They stayed up partying till well after dark. Lucky for us, it was pitch black with no moon and cloud cover, an we had kayaks. After they settled down (around midnight) around their campfire, we headed into the lake with our silent kayaks. We creeped over to their camp site, just off shore. At the same time we started making the loudest "whoop" sounds you've ever heard, like wild cranes, or owls, or god knows what. Funniest thing was, as soon as we started makin noise, they kicked out their campfire and got really quiet. Never really understood why. Anyway, ever since that night, we refer to that favorite camp spot of ours, "Whoop!".
    Never. And I do mean NEVER, rub your eye after eating Jalepeno Kettle Cooked Potato Chips.

My Hiking Blog

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoop! View Post
    So two buddies of mine and I were car camping years ago in LBL in Western Kentucky. We had an amazing, remote location on the shore of a beautiful bay. Nobody around for miles. The scenery was perfect, birds were singing, all was well in the universe. Then, these three a-holes came ripping up in a truck and set up camp about a half mile away on another peninsula. Of course they were loud and obnoxious, blasting a radio and slamming a few too many beers. We just sat there and shook our heads, hoping they would leave before nightfall. Well, didn't happen. They stayed up partying till well after dark. Lucky for us, it was pitch black with no moon and cloud cover, an we had kayaks. After they settled down (around midnight) around their campfire, we headed into the lake with our silent kayaks. We creeped over to their camp site, just off shore. At the same time we started making the loudest "whoop" sounds you've ever heard, like wild cranes, or owls, or god knows what. Funniest thing was, as soon as we started makin noise, they kicked out their campfire and got really quiet. Never really understood why. Anyway, ever since that night, we refer to that favorite camp spot of ours, "Whoop!".
    Them's good hijinx right there!
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    11'WBBB Multicam
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba w do
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ X 2
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    BigRed77 I'm Big 6'5" 238 lbs have Red hair ( some greying). I Grad from Clemson University 1977. Ron

• + New Posts
  • Page 71 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast