Tarp
    SLD Trail Duster 2
    Insulation
    BA Air Core
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Initials.

silverbullet -

as a young guy my trusty camera, a Nikon F was my third eye. B&W films from Kodak (TriX) or the HP 5/4 from Ilford have been the media to record the frames. Most of the analogue films use 'silverbullets) to conserve the picture.

as you can see here:

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/deandare06/Interesting

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest Prolite
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I'm a retired US Air Force Medic. That's where the "Doc" part came from. I've always enjoyed the woods. Hiking, camping, fishing or hunting, it doesn't matter. I just love being out there. I'm also a survival enthusiast. When I was a young lad I became the Medic for a Survival Training School at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. My call sign was "Boon" short for Daniel Boone. Naturally, "BoonDoc" soon followed.

Hi, I just recently joined; so mine is 'PINAY66". Pinay is the Filipino word for "woman", and 66 is my actual age; so Pina66 means I"m a 66 year old Filipina woman...

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinay66 View Post
    Hi, I just recently joined; so mine is 'PINAY66". Pinay is the Filipino word for "woman", and 66 is my actual age; so Pina66 means I"m a 66 year old Filipina woman...
    Thanks for sharing.That is educational for me.I'm not familiar with Philippines or the people there.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Hammock
    Clark Tropical Ultra (2014)
    Insulation
    Warm Thoughts
    Suspension
    7/64 Amsteel Setup
    30 years young here and back around 15 years ago when I really got into online gaming and the interwebs, this was one of the first names I used. I've just kind of stuck with it and I guess it's befitting as I'm super awful at keeping in contact with friends and family XD

Hammock
    DutchWare Netless
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Spikes
    My name is Will and middle initial is "C". My Mom always called me Willic. Embarrassing, but it is what it is!

Hammock
    DIY 12.5' with Ridgeline
    Tarp
    About to make one
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, unknown TQ
    Suspension
    1/8" DIY Whoopies
    In college, some years ago, I had a professor who talked about the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you), the bronze rule (do unto others as they do unto you), and the iron rule (do unto others before they do unto you.) I always thought that was funny and it's stuck with me some 15 or so years later, so I started using ironrule as a username.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Phoenix,Shenandoah
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Derizen was an AOL IM name I made up many years ago when they used to mail out AOL internet CDs. I wanted something short, and also used it for an e-mail for awhile.

Hammock
    WB BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ / Down SB
    Suspension
    WB webbing/buckles
    Belgian fraternities have a history of using nicknames. Everyone who is invited to join a fraternity gets one, the stranger the better usually.

When I was asked to join, they nicknamed me Massis, after John Massis. I was known for using my teeth as much as my hands, even for opening beer bottles with them.
    John Massis is a belgian strong man (who died in 1988) who was mainly known for his world records using his teeth, such as pulling a 15 ton tram, a 36 ton train or even holding back a 700hp plane running it's engine at 1800rpm. (His real name is Wilfried Morbée, John Massis was his stage name based on the italian films "Maciste" and the American boxer John Cosmeyer)

I liked it, and during my last year more people knew me as Massis then by my real name, so I stuck with it. I've been using it online ever since and have even named my tobacco pipemaking hobby after it: www.massispipes.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast