Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Mine is my motorcycle club name. Gothmog, BTW, was one of only two of the nazgul, the black riders, named in the lord of the rings. Anyone know the others name, for 50 bonus points? No google cheating!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gothmog View Post
    Mine is my motorcycle club name. Gothmog, BTW, was one of only two of the nazgul, the black riders, named in the lord of the rings. Anyone know the others name, for 50 bonus points? No google cheating!
    I remember that it was the Witch-King of Angmar, but I don't remember his proper name (names? Tolkien tended to give stuff as many names as the mythology he was drawing from, so...).
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    As of now...Eno DoubleNest (stc)
    Tarp
    Don't have one yet
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My email was hacked by someone named spyvenom and I thought that was cool name. It makes me sound cooler than I really am

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    I remember that it was the Witch-King of Angmar, but I don't remember his proper name (names? Tolkien tended to give stuff as many names as the mythology he was drawing from, so...).
    You are correct sir! That is as far as tolkien went with naming him. Gothmog was also the name of the lord of the balrogs in the silmarillion. Glad I'm not the only book dork on here!

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by gothmog View Post
    Glad I'm not the only book dork on here!
    Not much risk of that! (Including myself, of course!)
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Diy HH
    Tarp
    Walmart tarp
    Insulation
    Pl uq and down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Mine is from two nicknames from the army huckleberry and blueberry I figured nobody else would try this one

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Gideon was a young soldier for Isreal. The name means "destroyer" or "warrior"; after many years of peace the Isrealites were attacked. God called on Gideon to lead the fight. He wanted to do right but was very unsure of himself and unsure of God's calling in his life so he asked God to show him that it was really God's will by performing some miracles. Sometimes in the Bible God gets angry when people doubt God; sometimes he doesn't, it seems to depend on their attitude.

An example is that Mary "questioned" God on how she could be pregnant but there wasn't any "attitude" in her questioning of God; on the other hand the father of John the Baptist questioned God how his wife could be having a child and God smote him with dumbness and he couldn't speak until the baby was born. The difference was the attitude.

Gideon wanted to do righ (I do), and he wanted to do God's will but wasn't as confident as to what God's will was. I feel like gideon more often than I care to admit but like him; I try.

So probably 20 years ago or so I had to come up with a user's name and "Gideon" popped into my head; it's been what i've used ever since.

So that's why I'm Gideon

My youngest son is "PYRO2012"; he and I have often fished, hiked, and hunted together but a few months ago he came on a group hang; his first, and spent is first night in a hammock. He likes messing with fires so he made the fire for the group and tended it. A couple of the forum members who where there suggest on the last day that his trail name should be "PYRO". He liked that and liked it even more becasue it was more "given" to him. He also enjoyed meeting those guys and respects them; we added the "2012" so he'd always remember when he got it but he just goes by PYRO for short.

Hiking and hanging with him is one of the best things in my life.

Enjoy the day
    Gideon

Jay is me, and I like bears.

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    The name Hototo is a Hopi indian name which means Warrior spirit who sings. My aunt, who is Hopi, gave me the nickname one summer when I was visiting the reservation she lived on and I had gotten into a fight with another child ( I was 8). After our confrontation, I helped the boy up and dusted him off, demonstrating what my aunt said was the "true spirit of a warrior".

sunster33
    My nick name is Sonny and a friend came up with Sunster for my bright dis

• + New Posts
  • Page 72 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast