Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help me spend my ENO gift card!

Hey Folks,

So I got a sizable ENO gift card from my mother-in-law (she got it from a co-worker that actually won it in the state lotto).

$250.00!

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to spend it. I already have 3 hennesseys. I could get a pretty solid setup with all of the extras with room to spare for a cookie or something, or I could get 5 single nests and either give them out Robin Hood style or maybe try to build a super-possum family nest for me the wife and the three kiddos.

I thought you peoples would be the right group to bring this conundrum to, so-

If you had $250 to spend at ENO, how would you spend it?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would probably try to sell the card and use the money for better gear or if your looking to buy ENO products I would get a handful of doublenests to hang out with my friends in when they come by.
    "The only rule to survivialin is NEVER GIVE UP"
    Swinginranger

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole tarp
    Insulation
    Enlightened UQ
    I'm too weight-conscious for any of their stuff to appeal to me, but a Doublenest or two might be nice to have around. I like having extra hammocks to share with friends - there's a nice spot behind the Art Museum in Philly where you can hang 3 hammocks in a nice arrangement (or more if you really wanted to trust this one tree limb, and stack people on top of each other) and it's nice to have a group hang out together.

If it were me, I'd also sell it and use it to buy some more ultralight hiking gear. In particular I've had my eye on a Te-Wa underquilt, which the sale of that gift card even for a good bit less than its value would certainly help with

I'd definitely get a double nest. Their tarps don't have the best coverage but there's absolutely serviceable. The weight difference is a lot better than Chinooks', material is completely different. Nice extra to have for a +1.

If it was completely frivelous(sp?) they have that cool hammock chair. I want one in my livingroom.

Hammock
    Eno DN.GT UL
    Tarp
    eno profly, etowah
    Insulation
    AE Jarbrdg Rvr
    Suspension
    web-whoop-el trunk
    DoubleNest and one of their new limited edition camo proflys. Yes not the lightest but good quality..nice 3 season tarp and besides.. camo is cool.

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    STAY AWAY FROM THE SLAP STRAPS. Other then that your good order a bunch of doubles and get some whoopies slings from any one here.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge KAQ
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie/Straps
    Having a giant opossum nest would be sweet.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have 4 kids, along with two WBBBs, a Byer (with the bug net ripped out - Kids!), Switchback, Kammock & I have two DoubleNests. I sold a third one off to a friend that really wanted it (at the REI sale price last spring).

By far the most used are the DoubleNests. I don't much care for anything else that ENO sells (better straps, better tarps, better chairs from other vendors) - even the SingleNest doesn't work very well. But, I would gladly have another 3 or 4 DNs laying around for friends & family.

I take the kids to the park & put up a couple inside two minutes. The kids love to swing or lay around reading a book. They go in the backpack for trips down to the river in the summer. I pretty much keep one in each car.

Last Memorial Day, I had my parents, my kids & my kids friends all hanging around in them on a trailer camping trip. The kids all pulled out their 5# sleeping bags and slept under a blue tarp for the weekend, preferring it to the heated trailer.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...mageuser=13594
    Last edited by Boomer; 01-05-2012 at 23:37.

You could throw a DoubleNest to a noob like me, ...you could wear the feathered Robin Hood hat while you do it if you want to.

I've never heard of the state lotto giving gift cards away, but that is pretty sweet!

• + New Posts