After hanging on a wet day I noticed the 1" tree straps made marks on the tree. The 2" straps that were 96" long and were crossed in the back did not leave a mark at all, on the same tree. So I ordered new 2" straps from Hennessy Hammock. I told my boy he could have the new ones when they came. We are fighting over them now (laughing). Well they came I opened them and wow. They are amazing. Yes they look like tree straps but the sewing and the way they are doubled and reinforced they are great for big people like me. They are a little heavier but much better made. I would say great job! I would love to post a picture but sorry I do not know how. These are great straps for those of us bigger and need to feel at ease about our straps. And best of all they are great for the tree. I am 6'-4" 250lbs they are great straps if anyone is looking. Good Job Hennessy.

Sorry for so many words. I just wanted to let everyone know if they are looking for 2" straps, you should look at these.

I put the ridge line of my tarp over the (x) of the straps and it did not leave any marks. It was not that windy, not sure if that is a good Idea. I am not sure if there was a lot of wind if it would slide on the straps and slide down.