DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    Nice… My friends call me crazy just for using a hammock as my full time bed for the last 28 days or so! I can’t wait to actually use it for real camping OUTside for a change!
    Glad ya made it one night! That’s more than I’ve done so far… Maybe before the winter’s over I’ll get the chance!
    What would you do with your dogs if your husband wanted to come with ya? My dogs are my main difficulty atm… I can take the Schipperke with my but the Pit-bull (with SHORT hair) would freeze! None of my trusted friends will stay with her.
    I survived -1 in a hammock: I want a T-shirt with that on it!!

We have 10 house dogs, 3 are in the 8 - 9 lb range, all the others are 5 lbs and under. No way we can afford a house sitter for 10, and no way I would take these little ones out over night in the winter. I wouldn't have enough of the right clothes to layer and keep them warm. We're getting out of the business though, and hope to rehome some...we're just having a terrible time figuring out who we're willing to part with. That's hard
    Last edited by DivaB; 01-22-2012 at 13:03.

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    I am getting meals from the "outside of hammock.com" people. For instance I'll make breakfast on Saturday for the crowd, etc. I'll make a post later today and list what we have so far.
    (WM)===:::

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    I will assign a "seeing-eye camper" to ensure your experience with frozen-eyes goes well. I will sit by your hammock, awake and semi-sober, to ensure you live through the night. If needed I will start a fire under your hammock to make sure you stay warm...

How's that?
    Your good! Can I have the same treatment for my son...minus the fire under him? I'll take that darn fire though!!

I'm out I need to gear up better. Harvest the down out of the Eddie Bauer comforters and make a real UQ. I also took a bucket of hand warmers with us, and we only have 2 left. Definitely need to resupply those!! I brought extras for the group! I didn't know we'd go through most of them ourselves. I'd love to meet more of you!! Please, please PM me if you all do a spring hang. Some times the group hangs are easy to miss because of how they're named.

Have fun, be safe, keep an eye on each other. I'll be looking forward to the trip reports from everyone.

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    RedBeardHanger, are you coming?

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Date(s): Jan 27, 28, 29
    Campground Entrance (Copy and Paste Into Google Maps, etc): Hueston Woods Camp Ground @39.585572,-84.769993
    Probably Campsite (Copy and Paste Into Google Maps, etc): Henry Hang @39.583759, -84.776077

General Information
    * There is water there during the Winter. It is unknown how well it stays unfrozen so I would not count on it being available.
    * Two weekends ago the electric was still on so there is the possibility of that. Usually the only thing we use it for is to play some music, charge mobile devices, etc.
    * No alcohol is allowed on the camp ground so if you choose to bring some make sure you have a container (cup, whatever) to put it in. I personally will have a few beverages there and would certainly share as long as it holds out.

Confirmed Participants (Let Me Know About Corrections):
    Hammock Forum Members
    WonderMonkey (me)
    spike436
    Doctari
    tanker0707

Non Hammock Forum Members
    Brian R. (Confirmed)
    Jim K. (Maybe)
    Charles P.
    Brandon (tanker0707's friend)

Group Items Needed
    Firewood
    * I will have some that was cut in the summer, can be used for existing fires
    * Need more
    * Need even more if it is cold and we want to hang out around the fire

Water
    * I will have one five gallon container but a good deal of it will be used for meal cleanups, etc. We may not need anymore than that for the group so we are probably good.

Stove
    * I will have a large three burner stove for anybody's use. Always the fire if you want it.

Meals
    In general we make group meals for breakfast and dinenr but you are free to do anything you want. Lunch can be a group thing or we can forage for ourselves. I will put all meals down and if you want to make a group meal then that's great. If you just want to bring something to add to meal that's great. If you want to chew on bark and drink water from a deer hoof imprent that's great as well.
    I will have a sizable three burner camp stove for everyone's use. I'll have limited cookware (pans, forks, etc) so bring some if you thing you will need it.
    If you have a "specialty" that you want to make please bring it up, I'd love to try it.

Friday Night
    * People are arriving, I suggest something easy like hotdogs, brats, etc. but if anybody wants to bring stuff that would be fine as well.
    * A dessert item has been spoken for by Brian R.

Saturday Morning
    * I will make biscuits and Gravy, shredded potatoes, maybe scrambled eggs

Saturday Lunch
    * Generally leftovers, forage for yourself but if anybody wants to bring stuff that would be fine as well.

Saturday Dinner
    * Spoken for by spike436, Will probably make chili spaghetti or jambalaya
    * A dessert item has been spoken for by Brian R.

Sunday Breakfast
    * tanker0707 will provide breakfast
    Last edited by WonderMonkey; 01-23-2012 at 22:58.

Hammock
    Walhalla 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    OES MC DLX Sil
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ/ GL Bag
    I can bring Sundays breakfast. I will get a 2 dozen eggs, bag of hashbrowns, and maybe some bacon! I will probably have to use the "communal" pots, etc...my wife DEFINITELY wont let the Emeril cookware leave the house...And Ill bring a bundle of wood. If you want me to bring another 5 gallons of water, I have a jerry can I can bring.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Guys.. I guess it was 13 degrees not -1....I falsely jumped the gun and went with it. My fault. I didn't make the negative club

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker0707 View Post
    I can bring Sundays breakfast. I will get a 2 dozen eggs, bag of hashbrowns, and maybe some bacon! I will probably have to use the "communal" pots, etc...my wife DEFINITELY wont let the Emeril cookware leave the house...And Ill bring a bundle of wood. If you want me to bring another 5 gallons of water, I have a jerry can I can bring.
    Got it! Thanks for doing that on Sunday. I think the one container of water will probably do it but if you want to bring yours then that would ensure we are covered.

Hammock
    Walhalla 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    OES MC DLX Sil
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ/ GL Bag
    I have a buddy (Brandon) that will be meeting us out there as well. He is relatively new to the hammock scene. I told him to bring some firewood, and he will probably help me with breakfast on Sunday. Can anyone think of anything else we may need??
    Last edited by tanker0707; 01-23-2012 at 21:41.

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    I think we are good. One guy who is coming said he was bringing enough firewood for the whole weekend but I don't know what that means to him. We can always use generic snacks, paper plates, etc. I'll try to bring stuff like that but I'm going to have a full truck as it is. No matter what we have will just roll with what it and and enjoy the outing.
    Last edited by WonderMonkey; 01-24-2012 at 09:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast