Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
  1. #41
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    7,614
    Images
    3
    Great vid, Blaze. Good luck on the job market. It's amazing how some employers choose to terminate your employment. I got sacked once in a broom closet - employer was walking to the bathroom with a newspaper under his arm. He pulled me into a janitor closet to share the good news.

    Another employer thought Monday morning 9 am was a good time to sack me. I think Friday afternoon would have been more appropriate.

    And my favorite firing of all time - my employer took me to dinner in downtown Boston the night before Christmas holidays started. As I was getting on the subway, he gave me the good news. It was the best Christmas ever!

    Not. The dinner was pretty good though.

  2. #42
    Buenos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA
    Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    384
    Blaze,
    I have always found your videos an inspiration. I do hope the best for you. I hope that this loss opens up for a new and exciting oportunity for you.

    I too enjoy your cofee sipping scenes!
    respectfully,
    Jose Diaz
    www.diaztools.com
    HF members get 30%discount
    Diaz tools Youtube channel
    Facebook page

  3. #43
    Senior Member ArcsandSparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    297
    Images
    7
    Sorry to hear about your job man..I too know the feeling of being laid off/losing a job. Besides that, nice vid.
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

  4. #44
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Blaze Away: by Holzmann, Kennedy


    We'll make a bonfire of our troubles and we'll watch them blaze away
    and when they've all gone up in smoke clouds,
    we'll never worry should they come another day
    and as the bonfire keeps on burning,
    happy days will be returning,
    while the band keeps playing
    we'll let our troubles blaze away

    Here we are, there's work to do,
    and don't let troubles trouble you.
    Bring them along and we'll burn them up,
    bring them along and we'll burn them up ha ha, ha hey

    Start and throw them right into the fire
    Watch the flames go higher and higher
    Blazing away, blazing away, oh, come along bring your worries round today.

    We'll make a bonfire of our troubles and we'll watch them blaze away
    and when they've all gone up in smoke clouds,
    we'll never worry should they come another day
    and as the bonfire keeps on burning,
    happy days will be returning,
    while the band is playing
    we'll let our troubles blaze away.
    What a blessing.
    Blazing away.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by nryche View Post
    Blaze, I have to say that you have one of the most positive attitudes I have seen in a long time.. Its great to see you staying on top..
    Well I have a fridge full of food.
    When empty I fill it up.

    I have a roof,
    and a tarp.

    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Great vid, Blaze. Good luck on the job market. It's amazing how some employers choose to terminate your employment. I got sacked once in a broom closet - employer was walking to the bathroom with a newspaper under his arm. He pulled me into a janitor closet to share the good news.

    Another employer thought Monday morning 9 am was a good time to sack me. I think Friday afternoon would have been more appropriate.

    And my favorite firing of all time - my employer took me to dinner in downtown Boston the night before Christmas holidays started. As I was getting on the subway, he gave me the good news. It was the best Christmas ever!

    Not. The dinner was pretty good though.
    I have chosen to look at what has happened as a blessing.
    I am alive and kicking.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    Blaze,
    I have always found your videos an inspiration. I do hope the best for you. I hope that this loss opens up for a new and exciting oportunity for you.

    I too enjoy your cofee sipping scenes!
    Well Buenos, God willing,
    more coffee, more hanging,
    2012
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcsandSparks View Post
    Sorry to hear about your job man..I too know the feeling of being laid off/losing a job. Besides that, nice vid.
    Yes, tuff at first,
    but reconsidered,
    a blessing.
    Blaze

  5. #45
    Syb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Posts
    1,797
    Images
    44
    I mentioned previously that I really enjoy your videos. Your passion and enthusiasm for not only the cool gear but your love of getting out there easily comes through the camera lens. I failed to mention how positive you are and that is the attitude that will get you through this current time.

    Peace,
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

  6. #46
    Great White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    West Melbourne, FL
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 3s Yeti/Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Posts
    182
    Ouch! I am sorry to hear about your employment situation. I know how you feel. I just found a new position, starting next week, after 1.5 years of no work. I have learned that no job is secure, you can be doing great until they call you in and tell you that they have to let you go. Best to think of yourself as an employee of yourself at all times. You are your own brand. I hope this termination had nothing to do with you receiving a pension.

    Stay positive, persistent and you will persevere through. I did in the end. Good luck!

  7. #47
    mugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spokane & Hobart, Wa
    Hammock
    DHDB 1.9 SL/WBRR DL
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    3 years before pension-happening over here too....sorry Blaze, you'll find the other door.
    Yep typical corporate B.S. I bet the top dogs got a big bonus for themselves in laying you guys off, plus now they won't have to pay you, your benefits that you worked so hard for.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

  8. #48
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    I mentioned previously that I really enjoy your videos. Your passion and enthusiasm for not only the cool gear but your love of getting out there easily comes through the camera lens. I failed to mention how positive you are and that is the attitude that will get you through this current time.

    Peace,
    Thanks Syb.
    Yeah, that hammock got my full attention. It is in the line of back to basics.
    And basically, all my needs are taken care of at the moment.
    It is the resistance to change, that causes pain.
    Flow, flowing with the flow.
    Resting in turmoil.
    Blazing away.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    Ouch! I am sorry to hear about your employment situation. I know how you feel. I just found a new position, starting next week, after 1.5 years of no work. I have learned that no job is secure, you can be doing great until they call you in and tell you that they have to let you go. Best to think of yourself as an employee of yourself at all times. You are your own brand. I hope this termination had nothing to do with you receiving a pension.

    Stay positive, persistent and you will persevere through. I did in the end. Good luck!
    As the rules are now, it seems that I can retire at the age of 61.5 years. 1 month ago I could retire at 60.
    Change is the name of the game.
    Blaze

    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Yep typical corporate B.S. I bet the top dogs got a big bonus for themselves in laying you guys off, plus now they won't have to pay you, your benefits that you worked so hard for.
    To day the sun is shining.
    Soon I will hang.
    Blaze

  9. #49
    Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Posts
    4,650
    Images
    14
    Beautiful country you have there, Blaze. I like the candle trick (might have to start carrying one for that in my wood burner), and I especially like your bike. You're a braver man than I to be fiddling with your camera on that track there with the drop-off.

    What do you use for a gear container on that rear rack there? A dry bag, lashed down? Or something else?

    Sorry about your job. Keep on rolling, though, something's bound to come along. Heck, if nothing else, you could start making hammocking videos for a living! You've got two hands, two feet, and a very functional mind. You'll bounce back, just keep at it.

  10. #50
    BlazeAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,242
    Images
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Beautiful country you have there, Blaze. I like the candle trick (might have to start carrying one for that in my wood burner), and I especially like your bike. You're a braver man than I to be fiddling with your camera on that track there with the drop-off.

    What do you use for a gear container on that rear rack there? A dry bag, lashed down? Or something else?

    Sorry about your job. Keep on rolling, though, something's bound to come along. Heck, if nothing else, you could start making hammocking videos for a living! You've got two hands, two feet, and a very functional mind. You'll bounce back, just keep at it.
    Thanks for your kind words FLRider.
    The gear container on that rear rack of my bike is the rucksack that I always carry on my back when biking. Nothing special.
    As for a job I do not worry. I have done the major part of my life and the rest is on autopilot.
    Best,
    Blaze

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: HH spare underpad
    By ullivilli in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 11:11
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 18:48
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 19:28
  4. if you can spare a square...
    By SoCal Mike in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 11:18
  5. Spare suspension while travelling?
    By Bubba in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 17:02

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •