So just a quick point in terms of Swan.
As always, safety first.
Given what Dead_Eye just said instead of the route involving ice-crossing on the map by marker #2, we may want to either continue south along the west shore until we hit a good spot or we could divert off of the Swan road just below marker #1 and skirt around the base of the big hill to the east of the narrow bay. More trail breaking!!!
If we have time and conditions permit, I may still punch a hole in Tea Lake while we wait to check the thickness. I was speaking with an outfitter and he was saying that people are already out on the lakes fishing on the west side outside of the park, so given that Algonquin is a fair bit higher in elevation, I can only guess that the ice might be thicker. Nonetheless, we should take Dead_Eye's advice to heart and not risk it. Let's play it by ear and if we listen carefully, the Park will let us know where to camp. She always has in the past.