Thread: new nx 150

new nx 150

Ok i got my new 150 nx and havent hung it bc of pouring rain so far. However i laid it on the floor for a somewhat dry fit and now im a little concerned that this guy is not going to be all that great for a six foot person. Im not that big, only bout 175, but does any one out there about my size think that they maybe they would have been happier with the 250. Maybe it will get more spacious once i correctly hang, idk yet.

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I'm 5'6" and have the Nx-200 which is the extra long version of the north American. I also use a wbbb in which I swim in all the extra space. IMHO, you should try it a couple of nights while your still in the trial period and see what you think. They are very different on the floor than they are between the trees. Let us know how this goes.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I am 6' have the North American which is the same size as the NX-150 and have plent of room while being comfortable...

nx150

I slipped a pad in it,lol again laying on floor for now and it helped keep everything kinda stay spread out. I believe ill be good, its good to know others are happy with the space bc i assume most ppl wouldn't be happy if it were to constrictive. Thx guys

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Just to give you a better idea I have mine hanging up and measured the inside from end to end and it measured 8'.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailTweaker View Post
    I slipped a pad in it,lol again laying on floor for now and it helped keep everything kinda stay spread out. I believe ill be good, its good to know others are happy with the space bc i assume most ppl wouldn't be happy if it were to constrictive. Thx guys
    Even the maker --I mean Clark -- refers to the impression, sense of, or illusion of space created by the spreader bars on some models. The pad you slipped in just did the same thing. For most of us, the calculable tension from hanging the hammock tight and conversely the release of that tension by hanging with more sag are much more significant in the feeling of tightness --- and what is more -- comfort.

I think when you hang this hammock, you may find the pad has done the opposite of what you think: reduced the comfort and space.

I just spent the last night in a CJH with the same and smaller of two beds they build their hammocks with. I just expect and get a comfortable and ample single bed, not a king-sized one that sells some hotel and motel rooms even to single-all-night travellers. Once accustomed to the particular firmness of the Clark bed, smaller or larger, some other hammock beds seem soft -- too soft. (But you will not find measurements of that here.)

If you were 100 to 150 lb heavier, then you'd likely be more comfortable in a larger bodied hammock.

150 Hang

Finally today i got to salvage an hour between rain storms and hang my 150 and the room was definitely put into more perspective. I believe I will be satisfied with the space that it has. Thanks for input.

• + New Posts