Lightbulb New Manufacturers?

Hi All
    Being my first post, I'd like to thank you all for the information you've provided on what is for me a brand new subject.

I work for a UK retail business and I've persuaded them to let me loose with their shop and start a Bushcraft/Trek department. I'm an avid floor dweller (down there with the ants and the dog t**d you will no doubt chunter) and need some advice on how to elevate my customers to the Gods! I like the look of HH and Mosquito hammocks, but would like to get in some brand new gear, which is just emerging on the marketplace (don't want to just knee-jerk-buy the current popular models). Any one out there know of a small manufacturer who will be the next big thing in the trees?

I know this might be a bit commercial, but I have a personal interest aswell, and hope that my little contribution gets me off the hook for being a capitalist! Cheers and thanks again.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'll make a couple suggestions.
    Ed Speer of Speer Hammocks is a great guy to deal with & he has a proven set up including hammock, bug net, tarp, insulation, & more. Speer Hammocks, Inc.

Also, i believe Brandon or Warbonnetguy (an active member here) is getting ready to release a new hammock or two, & probably a nice tarp too.
    People have really liked the hammocks he sold last year. One of Brandon's hammocks is traveling the AT right now!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Many thanks Slowhike. Interestingly I have read a number of Warbonnetguy's posts (aswell as yours) and found myself nodding with interest at his comments. Admittedly not actually knowing anything about the subject it was the nod you give an astrophysicist when you ask him what he does, but I am starting to feel enlightened! Having looked at Speer, Warbonnetguy and Tom Claytor they seem well setup for winter/inclement sleeping. In the UK there is a big camouflage following and any product would need to be at least olive, desert, or otherwise military looking. Ray Mears the bushcraft guru in the UK uses a 'Hootchie tarp and hammock' in AUSCAM: Sleeping Out, Flysheets, Hammocks, Sleeping Bags, Page: 1/3

but it looks more setup for large packs and tropics, and the price!! If I were to request camo of some description from any of the above mentioned guys would they be able to source the material. Alternatively I could get some material sourced and send it off?Thanks for answering so promptly.

• + New Posts