Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

VIDEO Hottest day in the PNW 2016 overnighter

Hello Benson Burner here.
    I was talking to my brother whom is more YouTube savvy than I, He suggested to make my videos shorter. He gave me other advice I plan to use too. I put together a shorter trip report, if that is what you call it. It shows a bueatiful area near us that we wanted to go to and we wanted to check it out. It is as nice as a trail that I've been on. Like: I actually seen people walking barefoot that day. Basically myself Jefe, the Benson Burner, went with ole' Boomer in the GNW, Cylegus, and his cousin (Sam Adams the ground dweller). We went to a very special place, one Friday after work for an overnighter. You can see some nice cottage gear in it if you look and listen, and you can see some nice places we go. No big deal. I thought I'd take another swing at posting a TR, see if I get a nibble, or no. It's hard to get them shorter, but hey I am total novice at this, and understand, so without further rambles:
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Some very cool images. I mostly watch hiking/camping videos for those images of things that I walk to swiftly past all to often. Great job on that! Some very cool stills and what not. Ominous music made me keep thinking something horrible was about to happen lol. Seen to many movies I suppose. I think that it is awesome to see where other people hike and to see what I would expect to encounter if I hiked in the area. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    BB, that was some really creepy music!

You will get as many different opinions on how to make YT vids as you will on "what's the best hammock"... but here's mine in a nutshell.

I make vids of our trips for us, and our friends and family who may or may not be interested. I share them here and elsewhere because I'm a member of the community, we share some common interests, and it might inspire/help/entertain others.

Of course I want people to like my vids, but my main goal is as stated above- they're for us first, to preserve our memories. If others like them that's "gravy".

You really do have a beautiful area to hang and hike in, thanks for sharing!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yes....just make the videos to suit yourself. Don't worry about getting an audience yet...let that happen. If folks like your videos then they will watch.
    There are so many more people doing them nowadays...especially here on HF.
    Some like to watch videos.
    Many still like a written trip report with pictures.
    You can never please everyone so just please yourself.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    War bonn BLACK BIRD XLS
    Tarp
    Superflyz
    Insulation
    JRB TQ,BQ
    Suspension
    Straps, whoopies,
    Images
    there I am, there I was, and yes after a day at work and a good little hike through the woods I like to go nappy for a bit only to be pulled out of my slumber by a force more powerful then I awesome area great video benson burner hope you keep them coming I like all of them I think there funny as hell

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncedbip View Post
    Some very cool images. I mostly watch hiking/camping videos for those images of things that I walk to swiftly past all to often. Great job on that! Some very cool stills and what not. Ominous music made me keep thinking something horrible was about to happen lol. Seen to many movies I suppose. I think that it is awesome to see where other people hike and to see what I would expect to encounter if I hiked in the area. Thanks for sharing.
    You are very welcome. Thanks for watching it. It is literally exciting to me that this all worked and people have the ability to see the whatever is posted. Technology, wow. I like to see the other areas too. Thanks for checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    BB, that was some really creepy music!

You will get as many different opinions on how to make YT vids as you will on "what's the best hammock"... but here's mine in a nutshell.

I make vids of our trips for us, and our friends and family who may or may not be interested. I share them here and elsewhere because I'm a member of the community, we share some common interests, and it might inspire/help/entertain others.

Of course I want people to like my vids, but my main goal is as stated above- they're for us first, to preserve our memories. If others like them that's "gravy".

You really do have a beautiful area to hang and hike in, thanks for sharing!
    Thx johnspenn! Hmmm. Thanks for the input! I think that is a great angle. Hope to meet you someday at a hang, you and you wife and double set up.I think we're in the same boat ..thanks you kind sir for the noob help. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yes....just make the videos to suit yourself. Don't worry about getting an audience yet...let that happen. If folks like your videos then they will watch.
    There are so many more people doing them nowadays...especially here on HF.
    Some like to watch videos.
    Many still like a written trip report with pictures.
    You can never please everyone so just please yourself.
    Shug
    OK. YEah that seems pretty spot on. Great advice captain. Just be myself. Although, right now, myself has a lot of you in it! thank you kind sir, you made my day.

*just in case, all I mean to say is that I have a shug influence, probably no more than any other shug t shirt wearing hammocker. I was joking with myself saying: "ok I posted the video 10 minutes ago and still no check from Google. Well maybe they can't fit the check IN the mailbox, perhaps it's one of those huge ones like Ed McMahon used to bring-teeheeheee, joking of course, thank you sir. Great advice, let it happen. Cat Stevens. Mr. Sean Alfred E stands for Emery, Shuggity Shug shug! Gulp gulp walking away slowly, we're not worthy...we're not worthy. Gulp gulp, double-double gulp gulp

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer in the GNW View Post
    there I am, there I was, and yes after a day at work and a good little hike through the woods I like to go nappy for a bit only to be pulled out of my slumber by a force more powerful then I awesome area great video benson burner hope you keep them coming I like all of them I think there funny as hell
    Well Ole' Boom-Boom, my partner in non crime. We are a couple of shug posers in this big world, but looks there the master has spoken to us slash me. We will go into the lab and create a monster I say . . . . A rated G Monster I says! Mhahahahahahaha.
    Last edited by Benson Burner; 01-23-2017 at 16:48.
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

• + New Posts