Well I finally sat down last night and grabbed the fabric I have had for over a month now, some green 1.9 ripstop and heat sealed all the edges with a candle, lol. I then tried to sew all the sides with a small roll hem and made the channels for the whipping ends. Overall was not that bad but I definatley realized my sewing sucks. I couldn't sew a straight line if it killed me. This was my first attempt at really sewing anything, it really wasn't that bad. Learned quite a bit from this experience. Like make sure the bottom bobbin still has thread on it(sewed the whole end before i realized i actually did nothing, lmao)
Ran into a couple snags with the thread getting jammed but quickly overcame them. Now I just have to wait for the end of the month so I can buy the string to whip the ends and, purchase some tree straps and whoopie slings. I don't think it will get here fast enough, I am so ready to try this thing out to see if it will even hold my butt off the ground. I will post some pictures later on.