Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

roched again!

roched-when u are influenced into a purchase.
    on this weekends hang Black Wolf gave me the demo of the Snipe hammock. I went to the website and punched the button. The first hammock on the market that allows adjustment of the lay while still in the haammock-too good to be true? How about a gathered in hammock that allows stomach lay? I wouldn't have believed it either but I saw Black Wolf lying fetal and on his stomach. But at the site I saw the double layer model and chose it. Time will tell.

Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Here I figured it was where your wallet got torn apart by the awesomeness of the hammocks Roche limit !

Anyway, keep us posted. That hammock sure does look nice! Thanks for sharing the video over in the Florida hang thread.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    roched-when u are influenced into a purchase.
    on this weekends hang Black Wolf gave me the demo of the Snipe hammock. I went to the website and punched the button. The first hammock on the market that allows adjustment of the lay while still in the haammock-too good to be true? How about a gathered in hammock that allows stomach lay? I wouldn't have believed it either but I saw Black Wolf lying fetal and on his stomach. But at the site I saw the double layer model and chose it. Time will tell.
    The only reason that I have not pushed that same button several days ago is being unable to decide between the double layer Lite Owl and the single layer Snipe. Marty at WL e-mailed me back and said ther was no dif in comfort with the 3, and all have the adjustment feature. If that is the case, it only cost $20 and 1.5 oz to get the double layer for another 25 lb weight rating ( 225 vs 250) and the ability to use a pad though I really never do that except rarely with the BMBH.

course, $20 is $20 and even 1.5 oz counts. I am under that 225 but not by a whole lot, especially with winter clothing and quilts.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    BillyBob--glad we have the same thought logic progression.
    and unlike some here I do plan on a ground B option whenever out there so I have that pad. The weight penalty of 1.5 ounces to lock that pad in between is a precious small price to pay in my opinion. Like I said (and thanks FLRider it is on the video), seeing Black Wolf dial it in was very nice--better than watching on vid.
    Now I'll tell you guys something straight up. A friend/fellow hanger/and in the business already (quilts) is also working on a mod for me and it will also address the foot box or lack there of on a favorite gathered end hammock of mine--different approach though---you know, the many ways to skin the cat. I'm looking forward to receiving both and comparing the two methods....so good to have options-one thing I love about the hammocksport.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

+1 Snipe

I love mine. My go to hammock for 3 season. I also can lay on my stomach.

I don't think it's just the foot box that makes it comfortable. I really think it's the length of the hammock. Just about perfect for me. The foot box only makes a slight difference in that it helps to keep my feet from poping out of the hammock!

MM, one thing - I don't think it will work as well as your Traveler inside your Peapod. Walls are pretty high.

Let us know how you like it when you get yours.

S

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0dbl
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben w/door
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    The Force
    Can someone post a link? I would like to check these out. Thanks!
    Bat
    Beginning my NOBO trip on the AT on 2/28/12.

Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Can someone post a link? I would like to check these out. Thanks!
    Shazam!

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Sidewinder-noted on the PeaPod, thanks. Luckily its just a few times/year I use my pod since it has been super tricked out for the super extreme.
    What I'm more curious about is how asym I can get in it and still use the Snugfit. Use with the standard 2/3 3/4 uqs is a given I know.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl , WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    WL TQ , HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Dutch
    Images
    Wilderness Logics knows how to make a comfy hammock by focusing away from the standard "cookie cutter" hammock lengths available today. That added length is the way to go in my opinion... I have tried several other brands, but the Lite Owl is the one hanging in my garage to enjoy daily!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Images
    And where does the term "Roched" come from? I don't get it.